Really BIG Lights

Fodstar

The company that marketed the original Really BIG Lights appears to have gone out of business. 

At least one company is making battery-powered knock offs (available at Home Depot).

Has anyone seen Edison plug knock offs being offered anywhere?

Thanks.

Someone mentioned the older version of this light which was lit by a C9 bulb so it didn't require batteries.  I came across a couple of them that I bought used sometime in 2017.  I run most of my lights on 12V DC with LEDs so here is a picture of the light opened to show how it was done.  It's probably the cheapest conversion possible since a 300 reel of SMD 5630 LEDs ordered from China recently was $3.50 (non-waterproof).  It has 12 LEDs wound around a plastic tube for a total of 1.2W and 600 lumens.  If I were modifying it today, I might use a 1.5W G4 24 DSCF9356.jpgLED bulb because it is simpler to modify and the bulb and socket together are about 32 cents when you buy them in packages of 10 from China.   I almost had a half dozen more from my local Goodwill outlet store recently but somebody piles something heavy on top and smashed all of the globes.  It would have been a good find otherwise.

g4-24-led-bulb.jpg

Archived