Any one interested in a Group buy

I found this 17 ft. tall  animated waving Santa (his hand waves back and forth as to say Hi)  in a factory in China (of course...LOL) .....also the lights are Red And White LEDS.... I can get it for around $100.00 plus shipping the problem for me a minimum order is 10 of them 

So I was thinking  maybe others might be interested  in this piece also ...I think it would look fabulous to greet lookers coming to see our displays so I'm putting it out there to see if there might be enough interest from others  to buy 10 pieces and share the cost.

I figure around $100 for the piece and $600 total for shipping which wound be divided by 10  so our cost would be approx $160.00 .......To be clear the $600 shipping cost is FOB to me, you will have to pay shipping cost from me to you.

Waving Santa.jpg

You might want to check on the tariff charged by the US when these arrive in the US.  Currently you can import up to $800 and not be charged a tariff but $1K would definitely be over that limit.  I have imported lots of small items generally costing under $50 and never ended up being charged. 

I have also read that items shipped by DHL sometimes get charged even though the individual item is under the limit because they get consolidated shipping and the entire container is assessed as a unit.  The other thing is if there is a drastic increase in the rate as promised by Trump, it could get a lot more than you bargained for. 

Well lets hope for the best, that all this doesn't happen.............We still have a way to go to meet the quota of 10 the response has been a lot slower than I had anticipated

but when you look on line for purchasing 1 piece the cost is over  10 times  what we will have to pay, so if we get nailed a few extra bucks were still much further ahead........I saw a

vendor in Canada on google  that was asking  over 5K plus shipping for that unit...there are company's in the USA asking from $500 to 900 for units that were 5-6ft high ....so if this

comes thru, this 17ft Santa will be a steal................ IMO

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well it's  a long story............The entire transaction  took about 3 months going back  and forth thru email .....the lady I worked with was quite nice her name was Ada, she was much more versed in English than I was in Chinese  and I guess I had to do quite a bit of stretching the truth if you know what I mean!!!!!   They really don't want to build only  one so I had to do a lot of talking to convince them to do a Sample     (per say).

The final price wasn't too bad considering it's 20' high   ($835.00)  for one.......... that was the easy part then came time to ship it .....that was the killer .... I had to have it flown into Cleveland Airport the trucked to our business .....hard to believe ....... It was cheaper than having it shipped by freighter but the ship only goes to docks on the west coast and the it would have to continue here by truck which is approx 3000 miles........So, then the costs with shipping, tariffs, customs charges etc. it came to around $1200.00 ............From what I understand the shipping and others costs would have been about the same for more pieces that's why I wanted to do a group buy.

So if anyone is still interested.............  I can give you a link to the company in China  😀

Sorry to hear you went thru that expense.  I’m wondering if you allowed more time for people to respond, if there could’ve been a different ending.  That Santa is awesome.  You deserve it, so enjoy displaying it, gmac.

As a side note, I noticed the Santa was shipped to Cleveland airport.  Well we live in Florida, but are visiting  relatives this week in Cleveland and drove past that airport numerous times all week.  
Hope you post pics on PlanetChristmas this year.    Scott

I have pick up some things from below company in TN near pigeon forge. They make frames in factory in TN and they have a cool indoor outdoor show room. There santa is not as big but, the one below Is 10ft tall and it seemed big to me.

75640955-B660-49DB-9AD1-C576F98D1CA4.png

B78AAC1F-4B69-46AD-A88F-62D9AA8B93A8.png

Edited by Scott Rob

Glad to help! If you have a chance after pandemic it’s a cool place And owner is very nice. Theres also about 5 big Christmas stores on same road and Christmas hotel and Dollywood  to visit there a lot of family things to do. We normal go there in fall each year.

23 hours ago, Scott Rob said:

I have pick up some things from below company in TN near pigeon forge. They make frames in factory in TN and they have a cool indoor outdoor show room. There santa is not as big but, the one below Is 10ft tall and it seemed big to me.

75640955-B660-49DB-9AD1-C576F98D1CA4.png

B78AAC1F-4B69-46AD-A88F-62D9AA8B93A8.png

Yes I saw that one before I made the purchase for the one in china ..........But it's half the size and the one that china makes also has Red and White tinsel to make Santa's Suit ......Thie price is approx.  the same for both of them except the crazy price I paid for for shipping.........LOL