Sales

vette-kid

Home Depot is at 50% already. Anyone have any insight on when they make the next drop? I really want some of their C9s and the applights candy canes. Both of which are at 50% and sitting in my cart online. 75% would make me giddy!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last year it was on the 23th or 24th.  Late on the 23rd and on the 24th they began clearing the shelves and move in the Valentines Day stuff.  The five HD stores by me didn't have anything left by the 27th.  In years past it was after new years.  My guess is HD is using Big Data to maximize profits and has come to the realization if Holiday stuff has not been sold by the 23rd there's no money to be made.  You can also play lets make a deal with the store manager or price.  I think after the 27th they toss what's left in the trash.  HD Is all about maximizing profits. 
Do you recall if they went to 75 online as well? Some of it is at 50 now, but I know some places the online stuff doesn't get as low as the stores. Not sure I'll be able to make it to the store on Christmas Eve

Well, my wife was on call and I wasn't going to brave the trip in town with the little ones, so I settled for 50%. Ended up with 6 strings of the ecosmart C9, 4 sets of applights candy canes and one little Santa that matches the snowman I have. Would have liked more, but trying to stick to my budget!

Yes nothing @ Target 
but was lucky to pick these up at waltmart 
2 for me and 2 for Big J 
4C02A486-89FA-428C-80FD-FCAA0E9D2885.thumb.jpeg.88051233dbfb722c9c0d3e0c0434130d.jpeg
I like that sign. I tossed the battery powered fixture with a color changing bulb. Gives a nice effect.

Our Lowe's, home Depot and Walmart are all pretty bare. Interestingly, home Depot was still at 50%. They had some lights and trees, but it was the cheaper lights and a few of the ecosmart M5, which I don't care for.

I remember just a few years ago most of the stores had a fair selection through New year's. Is it just cyclical buying habits? I refuse to believe that all of the sudden about two years ago, all the retailers got their act together on inventory.

I stopped by the Walmart store about an hour ago.  It was fully stocked with all of the battery operated items mentioned a few weeks ago.  All that was left were three yellow hanging bells and a hanging Santa face.  There were a fair number of less desirable inflatables (Christmas skunk, wiener dog) and quite a few projectors all at 50% off.  I walked out empty handed.   I would have bought a lantern  if it was still there.

We hit the first Walmart by us at 6 a.m. and I bought the bare essentials I needed.  We hit two other Walmarts before 7:30 a.m. and when I walked into the third one, low and behold, they had one yellow hanging bell in a mangled box...that never looked better!  I don't know if you all remember, but I'd hit every Walmart in the Tulsa metro area and even had the main manager check inventories at other Walmarts around northeaster Oklahoma two months ago for the bells and the lanterns...nothing.  So, why would this bell have turned up today, in a Walmart and had already checked weeks ago, in a state that apparently didn't get any shipments this year?  I'm serious, I really would like to understand how that happens.

We hit the first Walmart by us at 6 a.m. and I bought the bare essentials I needed.  We hit two other Walmarts before 7:30 a.m. and when I walked into the third one, low and behold, they had one yellow hanging bell in a mangled box...that never looked better!  I don't know if you all remember, but I'd hit every Walmart in the Tulsa metro area and even had the main manager check inventories at other Walmarts around northeaster Oklahoma two months ago for the bells and the lanterns...nothing.  So, why would this bell have turned up today, in a Walmart and had already checked weeks ago, in a state that apparently didn't get any shipments this year?  I'm serious, I really would like to understand how that happens.
A few possibilities, given the condition of the packaging I think the most likely is that they received it a while ago and it feel behind a shelf somewhere and never got inventoried properly. While cleaning out the seasonal areas for clearance, it was discovered and put out.

The other possibility is that it got shipped on from a warehouse or another store with lower sales volume.

Even though it was onky 50% off Walmart was the place to get lights here. Plenty of lights left. Lowes and Kroger were pretty well picked over. No HD here sadly. Still need to check out some of the smaller ones Dollar general, big lots. Menards I know just stays at 50% forever. Wal greens and CVS barely had anything even before christmas. I cleaned up a few years back at Wal greens. I got a TON of red lights for .48 a box.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Even though it was onky 50% off Walmart was the place to get lights here. Plenty of lights left. Lowes and Kroger were pretty well picked over. No HD here sadly. Still need to check out some of the smaller ones Dollar general, big lots. Menards I know just stays at 50% forever. Wal greens and CVS barely had anything even before christmas. I cleaned up a few years back at Wal greens. I got a TON of red lights for .48 a box.

Crap, forgot about Walgreens. I like the C3 net lights they sell. Might check tomorrow.

Crap, forgot about Walgreens. I like the C3 net lights they sell. Might check tomorrow.

Can't forget about the smaller stores. I've found many people forget about them in the rush of the big box stores and leaves more for us fine decorators.

Hey all, 

I was able to pick up 25 boxes of lights today from target for 70% off today and i am very happy about that. I also got 2 merry and bright signs from  the home depot for 20 bucks each and they are VERY nice. I stopped by Walmart today and saw one of the reindeer crossing signs on the shelf. i think it was the display and had a sign on it that said "dspl 5.00" i figured that meant 5 dollars off but ended up meaning be 5.00 because it "dident have a cord". did it come with a cord in the first place? lol. i cant find a spot for the cord. i guess i cant complain it was only % bucks and im SO excited

Hey all, 
I was able to pick up 25 boxes of lights today from target for 70% off today and i am very happy about that. I also got 2 merry and bright signs from  the home depot for 20 bucks each and they are VERY nice. I stopped by Walmart today and saw one of the reindeer crossing signs on the shelf. i think it was the display and had a sign on it that said "dspl 5.00" i figured that meant 5 dollars off but ended up meaning be 5.00 because it "dident have a cord". did it come with a cord in the first place? lol. i cant find a spot for the cord. i guess i cant complain it was only % bucks and im SO excited
I've got a reindeer crossing sign. Shouldn't be a spot for a cord since it's battery powered. I am switching mine to have a cord though. It's a royal pain to get to the on off switch.

I also, have 2 of the Merry and Bright signs. Also, my buddy Omar picked up the reindeer crossing signs for me, THANK YOU OMAR!!!!
Pics of the Merry and bright? I don't recall that one.

Archived