E.S. mini's verses S.B. sets question

What is the wattage difference between energy savings mini bulbs & super bright light mini's? I think s.b. are 0.42w. What is e.s bulbs? And where would be a great place to get replacement mini bulbs for e.s. sets? Thanks in advance. Skip

It all depends but probably not much.   Have a power meter and the difference between minis and LEDs is not much.   Based on my experiments I have found the minis are really made for the 220v market but they put a 120v plus on them.  Try runnng them at 220v and you willl see they are the “right” brightness.  The super right minis are the correct voltage for 120v which is the reason they are “super bright”.  The energy draw for the superbrigh and the regular minis would be exactly the same.

4 minutes ago, Douggg said:

It all depends but probably not much.   Have a power meter and the difference between minis and LEDs is not much.   Based on my experiments I have found the minis are really made for the 220v market but they put a 120v plus on them.  Try runnng them at 220v and you willl see they are the “right” brightness.  The super right minis are the correct voltage for 120v which is the reason they are “super bright”.  The energy draw for the superbrigh and the regular minis would be exactly the same.

So Doug, if I'm buying energy saving mini replacement bulbs, what wattage would they be? Like I said before. 0.42w is for super bright sets. I'm just not sure about the other. Oh, & I can't run at 220v. Thanks

All of the mini lights are from China and if you don’t know the bulbs are installed by prisoners in exchange for food.  But that’s another story.   There are no standards or no quality control when it comes to mini-lights.  When I buy minis I always by a string or two extra to have spare bulbs

Fiinding the “right” replacement bulb is a matter of trial and error even if you have a name brand like GE.  II gave up trying to find replament bulbs years ago as I was never succeful.  Hate to not be more positive about this but we are living in a disposable world.  These things are meent to be thrown away not repaired.