Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Scott Rob

CADO Plastics making snowman w/ penguin 75305

I found a youtube video from a few weeks ago about CADO plastics and there different products. Towards the end of the Youtube video they go down to the floor and film the making of the snowman with penguin 75305.

The youtube video is long but it has some good information the last 5 minutes is the best!!!(in my book).

youtube link: 

snowman with penguin 75305.png

new snowman with penguin 75305.png

2019_06_03_10_59_48_The_Creation_of_the_Pink_Plastic_Flamingo_at_Cado_Company_Fitchburg_MA_YouTu.jpg

Cado factory.png

• Like 2

I really enjoyed watching this video. Thanks for posting it here.

Edited by donna123
  • Like 1

Oh that is so cool!
I talked to Claude back at GF auction and asked if he would post a video. He said he would, but never heard more.

Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attached is the blow mold Halloween and Christmas blow mold list / flyer from Cado Plastics for 2019. Sorry the pages got out of order. The only thing that I noticed that changed was gingerbread tree has all white decorations on it instead of colored decorations.

CED24752-1C1B-4AE9-B4DA-6B0922ABB62A.jpeg

8827EC02-CBA4-492F-89AB-16B06B3DC116.jpeg

4220EDD2-BB69-4585-8AB0-F7B9255BA8AE.jpeg

9E686764-4312-4649-8F75-2DF9E040F90A.jpeg

Yes, the tree was the only change. Shamed they didn’t release any of the other stuff they got from GF other than the soldier.
Takes them long enough to get a catalog out. Price sheet was available in November/December but no catalog lol

8 hours ago, Mel Fischer said:

A few more pictures from the video.

Creation of the Plastic Snowman with Penquin at Cado Company, Fitchburg, MA (02).jpg

Creation of the Plastic Snowman with Penquin at Cado Company, Fitchburg, MA (03).jpg

Creation of the Plastic Snowman with Penquin at Cado Company, Fitchburg, MA (01).jpg

Mel, your pictures never loaded. 

On 6/18/2019 at 2:55 PM, Big J Illinois said:

I did see many of these, available in Menards in the 2018 season.. the paint jobs here horrible.. so I passed

Since in Atlanta area you can’t buy any Cado items I mail order everything from Ace or others. I have noticed two things one: they bag the mold before the paint is set. Which is why every Cado item I have has paint loss it still on the bag. The other the type of plastic they use is different from GFP, Empire and old Union plastics. It’s like whiter when un-lit but when lit it’s got a tint to it. I have email Cado about the tint of the plastics but, have not heard back. The picture below are using standard warm white 40watt LED bulb the union Santa has warm white 60 watt LED bulb. Picture from left to right: old Union, Empire, Cado, GFP. The last two pictures are the bag with paint on it and the Cado union box label.

20BED1B2-405A-4828-BBAC-D698795DE261.jpeg

590F3ED2-9DF7-4E4C-B393-367559C6632F.jpeg

A93AD52F-54DD-4380-89D9-6330B7BF20E2.jpeg

3FFE6179-5EEA-480A-A9D5-D9C6FA684A98.jpeg

4643E15E-A992-49B4-B149-6BE01E48DDC2.jpeg

Edited by Scott Rob

On 6/20/2019 at 6:07 AM, RichardG said:

Mel, your pictures never loaded. 

Richard, I will try again.

Mel

Creation of the Plastic Snowman with Penquin at Cado Company, Fitchburg, MA (01).jpg

Creation of the Plastic Snowman with Penquin at Cado Company, Fitchburg, MA (02).jpg

Creation of the Plastic Snowman with Penquin at Cado Company, Fitchburg, MA (03).jpg

On 6/18/2019 at 6:38 PM, RichardG said:

Yes, the tree was the only change. Shamed they didn’t release any of the other stuff they got from GF other than the soldier.
Takes them long enough to get a catalog out. Price sheet was available in November/December but no catalog lol

Do you know what mold they got at GFP?

3 minutes ago, Scott Rob said:

Mrs. Claus, Toy Soldier, Penguin, Dancing Santa, Nativity set, pallet of candles. 

Cool did they get standard empire nativity set or the life size set or kids set or Santa best?

Edited by Scott Rob

25 minutes ago, Scott Rob said:

Cool did they get standard empire nativity set or the life size set or kids set or Santa best?

Just the standard. 

On 7/15/2019 at 2:21 PM, RichardG said:

Mrs. Claus, Toy Soldier, Penguin, Dancing Santa, Nativity set, pallet of candles. 

I wonder which candles they have.  It would be nice if we could get them to make up some replacement flames and let us buy them direct.  Who wouldn't like to have some extras?  (I could use some standard GenFoam/Empire NOEL flames and a few GV/Poloron flames.)  I'm kind of surprised that they aren't offering any other candles since candles are usually popular.

TED

1 hour ago, TED said:

I wonder which candles they have.  It would be nice if we could get them to make up some replacement flames and let us buy them direct.  Who wouldn't like to have some extras?  (I could use some standard GenFoam/Empire NOEL flames and a few GV/Poloron flames.)  I'm kind of surprised that they aren't offering any other candles since candles are usually popular.

TED

I’ll have to go back through the pics, but it was a pallet of candles. Had a Noel candle and what looked like the Mediterranean candles. 
I have some replacements but buried. Got a bunch from the last time I was at GF. 

On 11/11/2019 at 11:10 AM, RichardG said:

I have some replacements but buried. Got a bunch from the last time I was at GF. 

I have a flameless candle or 2 around but I think they are buried amongst other decorations.  Now if we can just dig them up at the same time.........

TED

3 hours ago, TED said:

I have a flameless candle or 2 around but I think they are buried amongst other decorations.  Now if we can just dig them up at the same time.........

TED

Lol. Exactly 

On 7/15/2019 at 2:17 PM, Scott Rob said:

On 7/15/2019 at 2:21 PM, RichardG said:

On 7/15/2019 at 2:26 PM, Scott Rob said:

On 7/15/2019 at 2:51 PM, RichardG said:

Just the standard. 

I missed this part of the conversation before.  (Bracing myself for a painful answer.)  When you say Nativity do you mean the whole set (with wise men, animals, etc.) or just Mary, Joseph, Jesus?  Also, did anyone buy the Santa's Best set or the Large set?

TED

3 hours ago, TED said:

I missed this part of the conversation before.  (Bracing myself for a painful answer.)  When you say Nativity do you mean the whole set (with wise men, animals, etc.) or just Mary, Joseph, Jesus?  Also, did anyone buy the Santa's Best set or the Large set?

TED

I believe the whole set. As for the SB set I honestly don’t remember even seeing it, but don’t think anyone got it. Only SB mold I know of selling was Mrs. Claus