Picked these up today

That’s a nice score! I keep looking and hoping I can find a score some more blow molds. I have only seen a lite color green post once. It was a Easter set up. Not sure if it’s exactly the same or not. The one attached from YouTube he put some flowers on the post. 

8272586F-0646-4629-873B-5611CCE33A06.jpeg

89AABDE4-0B44-4762-9479-72BB9C2DAEA0.png

Edited by Scott Rob
  • Like 1

I have owned mine for about 10 years, I was researching the old Empire catalogs last night but my Easter only goes back to the 80s and the mold date is 1969. If yours are the real thing the post is actually blown in green plastic and not painted. I should be talking to Mel tonight and I will see if he has the earlier catalog that might show it. 

They are molded, NOT painted:)  I asked him if he had info on them. Pass the info along if you can , these are unique.  Isnt the mold number a 1969?? When did safety plugs start being used in 1969 lolol.. 

Edited by Big J Illinois
19 minutes ago, Charlie E said:

I Just got off the phone with Mel and he doesn't have any info on the green lamp posts other than that Menards had them made special for them, like they did for the Empire football snowman

Charlie, small correction, those were the Grand Venture football snowmen, not Empire.

On 7/1/2019 at 12:34 PM, Big J Illinois said:

Hey Donna, hope all is well:):)Use them in my display somewhere:) They are in great shape. How ya been?

On 7/1/2019 at 12:34 PM, Big J Illinois said:

Hey Donna, hope all is well:):)Use them in my display somewhere:) They are in great shape. How ya been?

Hey Big J,  I'm good, just had to step away from blow molds for a while. I hope all is well with you too!

Although I got into a discussion a while back with some guys who mentioned the safety plug had been around since the 1960's, I think what we think of as safety plugs probably starts in the late 1980's.  Those would look great at Easter.