hi i found this infor about the Osborne lights at mgm studios.

on www.wdwdisneymagic.com

Osborne Lights 2006

2 October 2006: New enhancements for this years Osborne lights

Spectacle of Lights Transforms Disney-MGM Studios -- The Streets of America backlot area sparkles with millions of twinkling lights beginning Nov. 13 and continuing through Jan. 7, 2007, during the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights, presented by Sylvania. This year, the spectacle has been enhanced to include choreographed “dancing” lights which swirl and soar to an exhilarating medley of holiday music every 15 minutes, thanks to electronic wizardry featuring more than 400 dimmers. Every building façade, all the trees, wreaths, bells and holiday figures dance to classic tunes among “Florida snow” flurries. Also bringing the Disney-MGM Studios backlot to life are three-dimensional and motion-based displays – some originally created at the Osborne home in Arkansas by businessman Jennings Osborne as a holiday display for the delight of his daughter.

After the home exhibit grew larger and brighter over the years, the million-light display was transported to Disney-MGM Studios in 1995, where the spectacle continues to grow larger and brighter each year. Some of Osborne's original creations still sparkling brightly at the park today are a giant Mickey Mouse light, dozens of flying angels and Santa Claus light designs.

The "Hollywood Holly-Day Parade," a festival of favorite Disney characters dressed in their dazzling holiday best, jingles down Hollywood Boulevard this holiday season as well

we from what i can read into it a lot of us allready do this already its a nice feel watch disney catch upto what we are doing.

les m , uk

The Osborne Lights are a must see. I will be there on Thanksgiving day (a new tradition since I moved to Florida) and will be looking forward to seeing the new additions to the lights. And you know what happens the next night.......LIGHT UP NIGHT at my house. :waycool::waycool::waycool::waycool::waycool::waycool::waycool:

Those of us that lived in or around Little Rock got to see the original 'Osborne Lights'. It was awesome. Cars lined for miles just to be able to catch a glimpse of it.

Unfortunately, that was it's undoing. Several neighbors resented being literal prisoners in their homes during the holidays (the Scrooges!) and took Jennings Osborne to court. Eventually, the Arkansas State Court agreed and shut him down permanently.

So this is a good lesson in how to not get so large as to attract huge throngs of masses, otherwise you'll also be shut down permanently.

mmaness wrote:

Those of us that lived in or around Little Rock got to see the original 'Osborne Lights'. It was awesome. Cars lined for miles just to be able to catch a glimpse of it.

Unfortunately, that was it's undoing. Several neighbors resented being literal prisoners in their homes during the holidays (the Scrooges!) and took Jennings Osborne to court. Eventually, the Arkansas State Court agreed and shut him down permanently.

So this is a good lesson in how to not get so large as to attract huge throngs of masses, otherwise you'll also be shut down permanently.

I've got the same traffic jamb here... one way I worked around it was the most irritated neighbor installs hardwood floors... I had him leave a stack of business cards at my display and he ended up swamped with flooring work for the next year, so that took care of this neighbor here.

lesm wrote:

Also bringing the Disney-MGM Studios backlot to life are three-dimensional and motion-based displays – some originally created at the Osborne home in Arkansas by businessman Jennings Osborne as a holiday display for the delight of his daughter.

After the home exhibit grew larger and brighter over the years, the million-light display was transported to Disney-MGM Studios in 1995, where the spectacle continues to grow larger and brighter each year. Some of Osborne's original creations still sparkling brightly at the park today are a giant Mickey Mouse light, dozens of flying angels and Santa Claus light designs.

"Just down the road" from me (maybe 2 miles). Other things that are originally from his display here are the big globe that says peace on earth and the huge carosel.

TED

mmaness wrote:

I liked the one neighbor a few houses down. Theyhad a large banner made that they put on the fence across their front yard. The banner said "PRO lights".

TED