Saw these at walmart... anyone know about them?

I'm wondering how durable this type of LED light is? We've not seen much or them or used them. They seem very delicate and look near impossible to replace. We also don't know if it works like other lights, where if one goes out-you lose a strand or portion of a strand. 

Anyone have more knowledgeable about these kinds of lights? 

We liked the way the whole tree looked and that it twinkles, but not sure it's worth investing.

20191013_161205.jpg

71avrHLo04L._SY355_.jpg

They are often sold as "fairly lights" online.  This is just one use where the manufacturer used them in a different way.  They look fragile but are remarkably strong.  Yes, they are non-replaceable but since they are LED, not incandescent should last a long time.

I bought a few battery operated 20 LEDs for a friend to use as lights in a bottle for less than a dollar each.  I have a few sets of 12V lights.  They are so flexible that I was able to string them on one of those old circular trees that lie flat when stored and mount on a tent pole in the center.    You can buy them in USB 5V DC, 12V DC ,  or operated from a battery pack.   I just looked up current prices and I can find them in 10m 100 light sets for under $2 and 200 light sets for  around $5  from China

rgb-fairy-light.jpg

• Thanks 1

Followup to original question - these are parallel circuits so if one LED goes out the rest stay lit.  If you sever a circuit, all lights after the break will not work bu the ones before will continue to light. 

I had a seller send me a 5V set when I ordered 12V but the set used a 12V connector, not the usual USB.  When I applied power for a short time about half of the LEDs fried instantly.  When I switched to 5V ti check the string,  the remaining LEDs lit.  The seller replaced the damaged string when I complained. 

• Thanks 1