When does everyone turn there lights on?

Hey Big J,  

For me when Santa arrives at the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade then the Christmas season has started.  This will be the first year ever that my lights go on actually on Thanksgiving.  I am already decorated and ready because my son is home and helped me......woo-hoo!!   :)

13 minutes ago, Big J Illinois said:

Hey Donna, we thought if turning ours on the 22nd,tommorow,. They are all up and ready, took us 55 hrs for set up, in 20° weather..either we r nuts, or dedicated 🤣🤣😂😂

I just hope you post a picture!  The weather has been cold here, but a warm up into the 40's is coming!  We still have some snow and it's very cold today.  

Use to start Friday night after thanksgiving with a few songs on thanksgiving night while the family was here for dinner.  I now run December First to Jan 1.  Not many come around between Thanksgiving and December.  I use to run until the 12th day of Christmas, but once school resumes traffic drops to zero. 

Had my yearly Clark Griswold moment this weekend. My main outlet out front I use wasnt working. Thought I popped a breaker. Nope. Reset the GFCI...nope. brought out my voltage tester. Had power on the line in for a while. Tested again no power at all.

I was putting my leg lamp up a day later and it hit me. That outlet is controlled by a switch by the front door. Found out my 4 year old son had been flipping the switches. Needless to say that switch now has a piece of tape on it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was going to put up my lights this week and put out the other decorations.  It's not going to happen.  We went 4 months with barely any measurable precipitation.  Last week it rained for two days, about 3/4" total.  Yesterday and today are cold and very windy.  It is supposed to rain beginning on Wednesday and last through next Sunday.  Bummer. 

I started setting up my Christmad Display right after Halloween.  It takes me 2 weeks to set up.  This year was hard because we got hit with 5 cm of snow on Halloween.  I live in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada.  With regards to putting the lights on ...... I wait until the cities Santa Clause parade is finished.  So we turned our lights on November 21.  Also WE never turn our christmas lights on before Rememberance Day.  Its usually around November 20 week.  I give respect too all that have and are still serving in the military around the world.  Many people get upset when I start setting up November 1.  But due to weather and my shift work schedule.... I have too.