A few of my favorite things

1 hour ago, Light in the Dark said:

Yes, I have both sides but the back isn't very interesting to look at so I don't put it out. Each half weighs about 65 pounds. It is a beast! Can you post a few pics of your favorites?

Wow, 65 pounds for each half!  That's pretty heavy. 

Sure, I will post some pics.  I just need to unpack my indoor decorations.  I decorated outside, but not inside yet.  

9 hours ago, slankard said:

I finally got the blowmolds I've wanted for years just two weeks ago: the empire blowmolds train and tender.  I told my wife I felt like I'd just made the Saturday night live five-timers club!

Congratulations!!!!!!!   I know what it feels like to finally get that blow mold you always wanted.

20 hours ago, donna123 said:

Here are a few of my favorites.  The Season's Greetings blow mold was made by Dapol, the Santa Sleigh and Reindeer are either Lidco or Dapol and the Snowman is a complete mystery.  I love that he has a carrot shaped mouth!  

IMG_20191209_203055.jpg

IMG_20191209_203016.jpg

IMG_20191209_202937.jpg

Donna, your Santa, Sleigh and Reindeer are Definitely Lidco.  Here's a newspaper ad showing it with some other Lidco decorations.

Mel

Marion Star (1969-12-09) (Welles Ad) (Complete w Date).jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mel Fischer said:

Donna, your Santa, Sleigh and Reindeer are Definitely Lidco.  Here's a newspaper ad showing it with some other Lidco decorations.

Mel

Marion Star (1969-12-09) (Welles Ad) (Complete w Date).jpg

Mel, 

Thanks for reminding me about this ad.  You posted this ad and I even took a screen shot of it and I completely forgot.  I must be really losing it..lol.  

Donna

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite Christmas item is a 70s vintage aluminum tree made in Wisconsin that I have owned since the late 1980s.  It is not a full size tree but one that can be placed on a table.  It's about four feet high assembled.  It started out as a store display sent by the Carnation company in LA to one of the local stores.   According to the writing on the box it then was used in a local school, perhaps by one of the teachers in a classroom.  I bought it at a local Vietnam Veterans of America thrift store for a few dollars.  The last couple of years I displayed it with a DIY LED RGB strip light source that shines up on the tree mimicking the rotating flood lamp with a color wheel that was often used with aluminum trees.  Sorry I can't give a picture of it because I got so carried away with outside decorations that I never hauled it down from the attic this year to set up.   The last time I looked on eBay for one of these in full size it sure was expensive!

I didnt realize I cut some of it out on the picture, will try to fit it all in one before I take it down. It takes a couple of weeks to put up. I didnt put out everything but Im guessing around 350 blow molds 85 cutouts and all the colored lights are LED 

and a lot of the blow molds have LEDs in them.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I will have to look but I dont think I took any real good pics. I just put that one up because its hard to decide which one is my favorite, I like most all of them. That pic shows most of them and I like it because it shows the size of the display, you really dont realize it is that big with a bunch of close ups. If I have any good ones I will post some up.