Blow mold lights

Last year I got the entire 9 reindeer and santa in sleigh blow mold set. Only the Santa and Rudolph has lights in them. Is there a way to make a custom stand for the reindeer? If nothing else I'll just get the ones that have two on each and use SPT wire to connect them all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, dchackert said:

Last year I got the entire 9 reindeer and santa in sleigh blow mold set. Only the Santa and Rudolph has lights in them. Is there a way to make a custom stand for the reindeer? If nothing else I'll just get the ones that have two on each and use SPT wire to connect them all.

Unfortunately, the piece on the bottom where the original stands connected is notoriously frail across all companies and designs.  Rather than building a stand to connect there in some way, your best bet would be to somehow build a 2 in 1 stand/light fixture to go in the hole for the bulb, or do what I did which is tie heavy duty fabric red ribbon around each deer and screw the ribbon into a pole.

I guess it would help if I proofread my own thing. Meant to say is there a way to make a custom light strand for the deer. Rather than getting the cords with just one or two lights and having 4-8 plugs. I know I could make a C7 light strand but I hadn't seen anything to put on the socket to hold it into the reindeer.

I just keep mine on the ground with the wire attachment it came with. I have thought about doing some sort of thin base though for each. Stick the wire stands through the plywood base and curl up the bottom. That way I can stake each down. We always get at least one good wind storm a year here that knocks stuff over.

You could try using the parts from an old C7 Christmas light set.  Most of those sockets work just like vampire plugs.  They have a base cap that holds the wire in place and a pair of copper prongs on the bulb side of the socket that bite into the cord.  They are pretty difficult to get apart though.  Then just space them as needed on a new cord.  You can also just buy a new set of C7 sockets designed for SPT-2 cord.   $8.50 plus shipping https://www.noveltylights.com/c7-spt-2-black-sockets-50-pack?gclid=cj0kcqiardlvbrcrarisaghb_swfv6f7gnoehwwlths-gog4kilqypkuyz5pfxxr1mm2_ysahaiccrcaaquwealw_wcb

This is the way I did my reindeer about 6 years ago. I think if you have a bunch it would work the same way. I drilled a small hole for the SPT-1 wire to go through and made the standard C7 light hole a little bigger to get LED 40watt candelabra bulbs into the reindeer. Then zip tied it on bottom that way the LED bulbs stands up straight and a little forward helps light up the neck better. In my book the reindeer needs a lot of light to show up good. Also the other SPT-1 wire goes to the red noise reindeer. Mine is set to blink on some songs and others just on. Also the sheep and Shepard’s run on one SPT-1 wire with 8 C7 sockets and some plugs for Shepard’s. 

C8D788CC-1E5D-4D60-AFCE-0810C4DB3AA9.jpeg

68C9B3D9-3B43-4F63-B015-ACD725F90BF6.jpeg

4E85A04A-DFE0-4B39-83BF-7F057A6B83F4.jpeg

CE89D41D-8F47-44B6-AC6D-E5A91BF74CEB.jpeg

668256FC-F3FC-4398-AB4A-8D4035887D57.jpeg

Edited by Scott Rob