Twinkly lights?

• 1 year later...

I realize this post was made over a year but I haven't used twinkly lights yet.  I'm planning on getting enough for my roof line and the Music Dongle to sync up the lights to my  light show.

Edited by FatBiker

Twinkly lights are pretty cool, especially when controlling them from your smartphone.  Twinkly's are addressable yet still look like typical LED Christmas lights.  The only downside might be they use a proprietary communications protocol meaning you can't mix and match them with typical RGB smart pixels.

I didn't know exactly what you were talking about until Chuck posted about the lights being controlled by a smartphone.  I used a version of these made by GE under the eves across the main window in the front of my house.  Here is a YouTube video of the lights in action by someone else (not me)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=ZKNGKRz_QDU  Their set came with a controller in the box but the ones I got used didn't.  Mine use a smart phone and you can download the control program app on the internet.  I don't think my set originally had a hand-held controller.  They were just in a bin at Goodwill.

I liked the way they were working so didn't bother.  They are a lot nicer than just a blinking set of RGB lights.