Costco LED's Recall

If you are in Canada and have bought white or blue LED's they have been recalled. The manufaturer for this item is universal lite of montreal.

According to costco web site and stores they have been know to have electrical problems with them.

Now my experience with them YES THEY DO CATCH FIRE!!!!!! I have 7 set that have caught fire near the plug. Unfortunately I have 174 whiteset out there at my customers that I have to run out and change asap(6 set have already burnt), and 90 blue set too(1 set has burnt).

If you know anybody who bought some tell them!!!!

stephan

Update: Costco called me this afternoon to informe me they were interested in the 7 set of defective LED sets I have. It would seem I have the most of all and the worst of all. They need them to run test in an independent lab. It would also seem I have the only know case of a blue defective set.

I have no idea what could be the problem with these set but it may be due to water when it rains or a real problem with the connection. Then manufacturer name on the plug is ting shen model TS-63 but they are the manufacturers of the plugs only not the strings. The manufacturer of the string is Bortex distributed by Universal Light in Canada. This is the second case of electrical problem I have had with thisdistributer the other was with 5 watt set 4 years ago with set that caught fire when it rainned( 4 set burnt back then but no recall).

I have included a picture of the defect.

Stephan

post-360-129570946548_thumb.jpg

looking at the picture you included,I have sets by thesame manufactuer except in the multicolor onesMade by Tingshen.

What really concerns me is, if thsi connection can cause such a problem when it rains.Well what about the scorch black that I have been noticing in my sets of other various manufactuers.Is there a risk of fire as well with these ones.I will send pictures to this list when I return Home .Currently I am visiting Prince Edward Island.

Before I left for PEI I noticed I was having individual bulbs go out

cont.....

Daniel

I also hve bought colorwave lights from Canadian tire by NOMA. I have noticed that the last set of 35 I have in the center of the set one of the leds remains constant red an dthe rest of the set changes color.This set I notice has at one time been really out of sync with the other sets nd even itself, one night i looked and half the set was out of sync with itself.

Also have notcied my red to blue ones by the same company are not turning to the full color change they had started out with at first. they dont turn to the complete red before they cange back towards the blue, seems they go to a sort of fushia color then they change

I have been having lots of problems it seems over the past 2 years .

DANIEL

by the way, the scorch mrks I notice in mine is between the lensand the led just around where it joins the moulded socket.It actually is black,I broke one open to see what was realy happening and it did smell like smoke and it looks like it had been arcing.

Daniel