We "opened up" for our first time tonight. Posted it on Facebook with no pic or video. We live in a small town and in less than an hour had 5 or 6 cars come by. Several commented on Facebook. I can see how this can become addicting. We are running a 32 ch LOR with all LED. I enjoy making people happy and I am already trying to plan for next year being bigger and better This has been trying but fun. I think it will be worth all the money and effort.

• Like 3

Way to go!  You are not alone at getting started early.  I call it the "testing phase."  With 32 channels are you using those three outlet connectors on each channel to run different props at the same time?  I did that for years until I was able to afford more controllers and separate the props.  I also learned quick to make my own extension cords.  Saved money, storage space and weight.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Crimson Lane Lights Etown said:

Way to go!  You are not alone at getting started early.  I call it the "testing phase."  With 32 channels are you using those three outlet connectors on each channel to run different props at the same time?  I did that for years until I was able to afford more controllers and separate the props.  I also learned quick to make my own extension cords.  Saved money, storage space and weight.

Thanks for the encouragement. I have only "split" a few channels. I have a couple of wreaths on my roof that are together and some lighted Christmas ornaments {big round balls that I made) that are together. I will definitely make my own extension cords when I do expand. I hadn't heard of SPT and vampire cords until I had already ordered my extension cords. The good thing was a friend owns a builders supply business and he sold me 16-3 outdoor cords 40 ft long at $12 each which was less than anywhere I found on-line. My front yard is not huge so I don't have a whole lot of the yard that isn't used. I would like to have more on my roof but it is metal and pretty steep and high so I probably would have to hire someone to put the lights up there or get a divorce. LOL. I made a special page on Facebook to get the word out and it is spreading. I do have a Nativity scene that is supposed to be delivered this week so I am planning on attaching some lights to that  but I don't think I will go through the LOR for that. I don't like the idea of a "Disco Jesus" so I will just leave it lit the whole time. It has been fun hearing the visitors response as many in my area of rural TN have never seen this type of display. 

8 hours ago, BamaSanta said:

Post us some pics to have a look see.

Well I don't know how to turn on all the lights at the same time so I did the best I could and tried to time it right on a sequence. Didn't get the whole mega lit up lol.  And that is Roscoe in the foreground. He doesn't know what to think of this stuff lol.20201109_214117_resized.thumb.jpg.eec801bce91968b632628918dbd1d621.jpg

• Like 1