How much do people plug in?

I am no where near an electrician but I have some questions for people who are experienced  with LOR  set ups. I am running 32 channels with one plugged to an outlet that has a 15 amp breaker. It currently has 16 strings 100 bulb LED (Mega Tree), a 5w LED spotlight, and a 10 w spot. .The other LOR is on a 20AMP outlet with 16 strings 100 bulbs, an LED santa face,  2 LED wreaths with over 200 lights on them, a 4 w projector, and 4 5w spots.  How many more strings could I add and not worry with the GFI or breakers tripping?

For 15amp breaker 15A x120V=1800W

20amp breaker is 2400W. Side notes max I use rule of thumb and only have 75% load on any breaker. Also LOR control has a fuse under blue cover I think it’s 15A or 20A? My rule of thumb on LOR controllers I don’t put any one channel with more than 5 amps on it. Hope that helps:) 

• Like 1

Every show is different.  Every sequence is different.  Drawing juice at different times all the time.  I purchased a Kill-A-Watt meter $20 bucks ebay.  Answers all your electric capacity questions. 

When I switched over to LED's, I removed the second power cord and put in a jumper because I was pulling way less Amps then on Incans.  Run one controller at at time plugged into your Kill-A-Watt meter and record the draw.  Create a sequence with every channel on. You will be amazed how many things can be plugged into a 15 or 20 amp dedicated outlet.  (one year our basement lights were pulsating due to the juice draw from one outlet I used for flood lights)  I added three dedicated 20 amp outlets in the garage that run everything.  Problem solved!

• Like 2

PC Controllers with the plastic enclosures have a limit of 8 amps/channel and 15 amps/power feed cord (one feed does channels 1-8, the other 9-16)

Consider also that and individual home circuit can only handle 15-20 amps, with a 75% or 80% max usage being ideal as stated above.  Depending on your usage you may be able to put both controller feeds on the same circuit.  If you use a lot of amps, you may have to separate the feeds to different circuits.  I highly suggest the Kil-A-Watt meter as well.

• Like 2