U V spray paint

Did a search to see if this has been discussed and couldn't find one. Wasn't even sure what topic to post under. 

One of the problems I have had is sun damage, both in paint fade and the Plastic getting Brittle and Cracking. Another member said he used clear uv spray and I was wandering if anyone else had experience with this? I did find some info on the net about it, but was curious about first hand experience.  So please elaborate.

I used UV spray paint for about 10years. It’s work well for me. Its hard to tell if it work’s because it clear. They only way I can tell is I missed spraying UV paint on a few molds about 8 years ago and I could tell a difference after a few years of use. Tips that have worked for me. If I repainted a blow mold I spray it down about week after with UV spray paint. Never mix different brands of spray paint they will run together. Also only put 1-2 coats on a blow mold of UV spray paint any more and I have found it does not look as good. To me the gloss works great and brings back some life to a dull paint job. Hope this helps.
I would recommend getting one can and trying it on back side of blow mold to make sure it will work for me.

50B0BF0F-2809-4486-9EA3-E0633B9B25F5.jpeg

3B42E06E-6E5B-41D9-B52B-068757526D41.jpeg

• Like 1

When I get anything new that's plastic or rubber, the FIRST thing I do is coat it with Armor All. That's what AA is for, UV protection on cars and it works. Then a wipe down with an AA rag after the season, and a new spray on coat every other year or so and they last forever.

• Like 1