How to make the pole and base for Xmas spiral light

xmlfop

I recently bought the Mattos Designs spiral tree, and that uses 3/4" EMT pipe for the center (must provide yourself).  I'd imagine you could use some 1/2" EMT pipe for the center.  For my Mattos spiral tree, I then used an old patio umbrella base.  HOWEVER, you could also just put some rebar in the ground and slide the EMT over the top of it.  Heck, you might even be able to find a small REAL tree base for cheap, and use that! Just some ideas.

• Like 1

I just set up a spiral tree that uses heavy LED rope tube lighting yesterday.  I did not get the center pole when I bough it used at the Goodwill outlet store.  It had the base attached so I used a Stansport telescoping tent pole (Item 254).  That allowed me to easily set the height correctly.  The top end of the tent pole is smaller than the pole itself and would insert in the star.  This one came with a rope star as part of the tube.  I just looked at it.  It spirals in red and green with a white star.  It was well worth the effort to restore it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rotatorman said:

The star at the top will have a female opening. Measure that inside diameter and purchase same-size pvc from Lowe’s or H.D. for your pole.  You can use wood for your base, like 2 x 4’s.

I have 4 of these trees, takes less than 10 minutes to set up. Sweet.

Hi Rotatorman - can you include some of the pictures for your trees please?  I love to see it.  Also will the PVC be strong enough to support it?

Thank you Rich in Las Vegas, Rotatorman, and superdave.  Have a great holiday, everyone