Minnesota resident's Christmas light display shamed for 'harmful impact' to community in anonymous letter

Scrooge

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota-residents-christmas-light-display-shamed-for-harmful-impact

Person receives letter in the mail from 'woke' SJW.

Below is a 'snip' of the letter in the article. Use link to see full article. 

"I couldn't help but notice your Christmas light display. During these unprecedented times, we have all experienced challenges which casual words just don't describe what we're feeling. The idea of twinkling, colorful lights are a reminder of divisions that continue to run through our society, a reminder of systemic biases against our neighbors who don't celebrate Christmas or who can't afford to put up lights of their own," the letter, shared by Crime Watch Minneapolis, reads. "We must do the work of educating ourselves about the harmful impact an outward facing display like yours can have."

Society is falling apart. Too many people with too many causes. Sickening. 

The 'comments' to the article (at the link) are mostly in support of lawn displays. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually calling BS on this "news" article... this just doesn't seem like something anyone, even the most extreme "sjw" would do... 

I think it's probably made up, fabricated to further the "war on christmas" narrative that a certain TV network is trying to push every year because real news is slow, or to distract from the President denying the fact that he lost the election

8 minutes ago, nipster said:

I'm actually calling BS on this "news" article... this just doesn't seem like something anyone, even the most extreme "sjw" would do... 

In a age when even the office thermostat is called sexist ( https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/28/nyregion/office-temperature-sexist-nixon-cuomo.html ), this letter is not un-plausible. 

Or at a time when people think *everything* has to do with the current president...