Jump to content

It snowed so here are a couple pics of display


Recommended Posts

I had prepared for the usual high winds and potential torrential rain, but not the six inches of snow we also got.  I know you PCers up north laugh at that, but it was probably the most snow I’d scene since 2011.  It royally screwed up the display.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shane, it looks fantastic!  Your display always looks fantastic!  

We had record breaking snow this storm.  Between 31 & 35 inches fell over night.  Everything is buried but you can still see the garland across the porch.

 

IMG_20201217_090421569_HDR.jpg

Attach0_20201217_120955.jpg

Edited by donna123
Link to post
Share on other sites

For business reasons I spent a little time in Albany-Schenectady and Saratoga Springs about 15 or so years ago. Easy to love those places, so much to do.  We came from Cleveland which is kinda in the Great Lakes snow belt, and it looks like you are in a snow belt also.  Happy shoveling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rotatorman said:

For business reasons I spent a little time in Albany-Schenectady and Saratoga Springs about 15 or so years ago. Easy to love those places, so much to do.  We came from Cleveland which is kinda in the Great Lakes snow belt, and it looks like you are in a snow belt also.  Happy shoveling.

Yes, I remember talking about it with you.  Didn't you have to work on school bus engines or something like that?  I think we chatted about Lake George and Lake Placid.  

Thank goodness we purchased a new snow blower last season because we would still be shoveling...lol

Merry Christmas!

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, penguins1 said:

I love Lake George... I live in Texas now but grew up in downstate NY and we would go to Lake George on vacation every summer. 
 

No snow here in Texas!!

I grew up downstate NY too.  We moved here about 17 years ago.  We vacationed in Lake George every summer except the 3 times we went to Disney World.  Did you ever go further north to Whiteface Mountain and Santa's Workshop at the North Pole?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Donna, your memory is phenom!  The reason I was there in Albany-Schenectady was to purchase transit coaches from the NovaBus facility there. The employees at the plant were great, in fact, the manager there was pretty cool.  He owned a bar nearby and parked a motorcycle outside the bar 24/7 and no one dared to mess with it.  The bar also had a working motorcycle hanging on a wall that they would start once a week.

We also did the bob sled ride in Lake Placid.

I’d like to visit there again.   Merry Christmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I always like getting two to three inches before Christmas because it makes the display look beautiful but this 36 inches in one shot was disappointing.

My on the ground display is covered almost completely, except a couple trees, Lion and Giraffe.

Why I hate this much snow is no one can really see my display now, and the ramifications of the damage that i will find when I take it down, out lights, damaged fuses....usually all spring and summer its nothing but repairs.

Would rather deal with the rain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, donna123 said:

I grew up downstate NY too.  We moved here about 17 years ago.  We vacationed in Lake George every summer except the 3 times we went to Disney World.  Did you ever go further north to Whiteface Mountain and Santa's Workshop at the North Pole?

No - always had the brochures for that place but never got there. Is it still open??

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Big J Illinois said:

Good greif Donna!!! That's ALOT of snow!!! We havent got a flake yet!! Merry Christmas!!

Hey Big J,  We were surprised when we lifted the garage door to find a wall of snow!  It was higher than the snow blower!

Merry Christmas, Donna

10 hours ago, Scott Rob said:

Donna that’s a ton of snow!!!! I think I will keep around Atlanta we get around 2 inch snow and 2 inches of ice and 52 inches of rain each year:)

Have a Merry Christmas!

PS I love seeing everyone display!!!

Scott Rob,  It does feel like a ton, especially when the plow comes by and blocks the driveway all over again.  I shoveled a path to my mailbox 3 times already.  Thank goodness for ibuprofen!!!!  

Merry Christmas, Donna

 

 

1 hour ago, HowardFamilyChristmasDisplay said:

So I always like getting two to three inches before Christmas because it makes the display look beautiful but this 36 inches in one shot was disappointing.

My on the ground display is covered almost completely, except a couple trees, Lion and Giraffe.

Why I hate this much snow is no one can really see my display now, and the ramifications of the damage that i will find when I take it down, out lights, damaged fuses....usually all spring and summer its nothing but repairs.

Would rather deal with the rain.

I know what you mean.  That is the main reason we don't hang icicle lights from the gutter.  Once the ice builds up they would be up until Easter and more than likely be damaged.  We are Upstate New Yorkers and we are used to snow,  but this is extraordinary to say the least!

Merry Christmas, Donna

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, penguins1 said:

No - always had the brochures for that place but never got there. Is it still open??

Yes, Santa's Workshop is still in business and Whiteface Mountain, during the warmer months, still has the drive to the parking area and then you can climb to the summit or take the elevator.  The views are awesome! 

Merry Christmas, Donna

1 hour ago, jrbryant said:

HAHAHAHA... it'd take us 10 years of accumulating snow to get that much around here Donna.  It sure looks beautiful... but I'm glad I'm not having to deal with it!

It is beautiful and these last few days have been so frigid that I'm sure it will be here for quite some time!!!

Merry Christmas, Donna

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...