Jump to content

Cado union blow mold


Scott Rob
 Share

Recommended Posts

I noticed this blow mold candy cane on American sales label union #77440. I have not seen it made by Cado I was thinking maybe Cado just made it for American sales?  I know that Cado did not make many blow molds this year. Would have ordered some but shipping is sky high so I will skip.333467EC-396B-41A9-B301-2B130A25D1E2.thumb.png.ff228e4f091dc63e23586c1b1d1f21ae.png.

C939D6B9-E6DC-4BD9-B34A-1569FD223039.png

Edited by Scott Rob
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t know what’s happened in past two years but for some reason shipping is supper high at American sales unless it a small box size like 2ft x2ft x2ft or less. Hope y’all have a great New Year! 
 

Hi, Donna hope the snow is gone. Where getting a lot of rain but temperatures is 64 so not to bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Scott Rob said:

I don’t know what’s happened in past two years but for some reason shipping is supper high at American sales unless it a small box size like 2ft x2ft x2ft or less. Hope y’all have a great New Year! 
 

Hi, Donna hope the snow is gone. Where getting a lot of rain but temperatures is 64 so not to bad.

Thanks Scott, I did order 5 of these candy canes. They were packed 2 per box. If I knew that I would have ordered 6. Anyway, I don't know what to tell you about the Shipping. I didn't pay that much. My Shipping was real fair. I paid $16.84 for the entire order of five. $29.99 ea. They have marked them down by $10.00 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scott Rob said:

Donna hope the snow is gone. Where getting a lot of rain but temperatures is 64 so not to bad.

Hi Scott Rob, 

We still have plenty of snow although most of it is gone.  Tonight's storm is freezing rain (ice) and 2 inches of snow on top of that.  We definitely will have the fire going tonight!  

Take care, Donna

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice discovery, I will say that with the new companies (Cado, Gemmy, Pan Asian, etc.) It's getting difficult to archive/keep up with what's being released.  From a collector standpoint, Pan Asian having contracts with both Walmart and Home Depot (who have both ordered them to make similar blow molds that however cannot be the same due to contractual agreements) can get pretty confusing.  Then you have something like this, where a company makes something specifically for an online retailer and only a handful of people buy them, and things really get confusing, especially since all Cado stuff is still stamped Union (because technically it is.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I totally agree it’s tough to figure out what company and when they made it. At least China made blow mold are labeled either pan-am link stamp or Gemmy in label. Cado is a different story they have a mixture of old molds. I have some Cado items that have grand venture stamped and other union stamp. I wish Cado would put date stamp. Most of the time Cado is easy to spot due to the poor paint job or the plastic ( its more like milk jug plastic than true blow mold plastic used by union, grand venture, or GFP. Also Christmas light creation has there own GV blow molds they only made two but I know they have a least 5-8 other molds. But other like Farley and drainage only had a label on lamp cord and not on the blow mold.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Long time lurker, first time posting here (finally able to get my password reset).

I purchased a pair in December with reasonable shipping to Jersey ($12.99)

These came with LED corn style bulbs, they are marked grand venture on the mold.  I am tempted to buy a few more at 19.99 but need to figure out where to put them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, donna123 said:

Hi Scott Rob, 

We still have plenty of snow although most of it is gone.  Tonight's storm is freezing rain (ice) and 2 inches of snow on top of that.  We definitely will have the fire going tonight!  

Take care, Donna

Take care I remember in 2014 they said 2” rain/ice/snow....we had freezing rain that turned into 2” black ice and then about 6-8inches of snow in north Georgia at 11 am. My Up the mountain Neighbors parked in my lower yard came up to house for coffee then went hiking up mountain. Other got to spend a day or two at office,car, store, Home Depot. Below is YouTube from cbs about it.:)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I lived in the Midwest we were advised to carry food, water, and a sleeping bag or blanket in the car for just this type of emergency.  I doubt many Atlantans would even think about getting stranded overnight in a car due to the weather.  This could have been truly tragic.  I lived through a week without electricity after an ice storm hit Madison, WI in early March.  By the end of a week without heat I was ready to head to a shelter when they restored the power just in time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rich in Las Vegas said:

When I lived in the Midwest we were advised to carry food, water, and a sleeping bag or blanket in the car for just this type of emergency.  I doubt many Atlantans would even think about getting stranded overnight in a car due to the weather.  This could have been truly tragic.  I lived through a week without electricity after an ice storm hit Madison, WI in early March.  By the end of a week without heat I was ready to head to a shelter when they restored the power just in time.

Hi Rich,

We had an ice storm years ago that knocked out power for a few days.  We tried to stay, but when the temp inside got to 39 degrees we packed up and went to my mom and dad's house.  It was this experience that showed us we needed a second heat source.  We changed our fireplace to an energy efficient wood burning insert with a stainless steel lining.  This was one of the best changes we ever made!

Happy New Year!

Donna

Edited by donna123
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Scott Rob said:

I totally agree it’s tough to figure out what company and when they made it. At least China made blow mold are labeled either pan-am link stamp or Gemmy in label. Cado is a different story they have a mixture of old molds. I have some Cado items that have grand venture stamped and other union stamp. I wish Cado would put date stamp. Most of the time Cado is easy to spot due to the poor paint job or the plastic ( its more like milk jug plastic than true blow mold plastic used by union, grand venture, or GFP. Also Christmas light creation has there own GV blow molds they only made two but I know they have a least 5-8 other molds. But other like Farley and drainage only had a label on lamp cord and not on the blow mold.

 

I don't find that Drainage is too difficult to ID simply because a lot of their designs are so unique.  Farley on the other hand is a totally different story, especially considering their entire catalog (aside from the originally Union gingerbread people) was old TPI stuff.  To make matters worse, both TPI and Farley were Canadian so both say made in Canada.  Being in Canada, the majority of my stuff is TPI or Farley because it's dime a dozen up here, so I have both the TPI and Farley versions of several pieces.  Side by side (similar to Cado) the Farley stuff is of obviously lesser quality.  Sometimes they omitted the TPI stamp, other times they left it in place, and sometimes they left it in the mold but stamped out a circle around it in the bottom of the piece.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, this shows how you can get ripped off on Mercari if you are totally clueless.  I wonder what the new owner would think if they knew you can buy these brand new on QVC.  They are even clearance  priced at $35 plus tax, S&H.   It is not the Union version which appears to have a different shape.  Says they are imported so not made by Cado here in the USA.

Just enter H223696 in the QVC search box.

Mr. Halloween Set of (3) 13" Indoor/Outdoor Candy Corn Pathway Stakes

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Late posting, but wanted to update. 
Cado made the can exclusively for AS and it is now part of their 2021 catalog. 
 

Also with AS I had an issue with high shipping, I messaged them and their tech support looked into it and fixed it. Not sure what the issue is they are having 

Candy corn is from Mr. Christmas for QVC. Cheaper to buy on the Q

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...