Does anyone know what happened to Blowmolded.com? It used to be a really easy site to use but now its undergone a update that's shaken things up. I herd that a few people on here maintain  the site but I wasn't able to verify if that was true. I thought the site was abandoned because the latest update was from 2016 but when I visited it last month it changed a lot and seems more difficult to navigate.

Thanks,  James

Mel has been a great edition to this forum you want to know something about blow molds he the guy also he use to sell cd's loaded with information have one  thanks Mel

• Like 2

What kind of issue are you having? I’m not the one who worked on it, but one who contributed. 

The site was very out dated and the update will help it grow for future researchers 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RichardG said:

What kind of issue are you having? I’m not the one who worked on it, but one who contributed. 

The site was very out dated and the update will help it grow for future researchers 

My main issue was trying to navigate the site. I like before how you could see all the company's at the top and once selected it would open up and show the different holidays they produced and then from there you could see what different items they produced for the selected holiday. I like the new format and look but I don't like scrolling down to see all of the images one by one and once I got to the end the images move onto the next holiday. I didn't know if instead of having one big page of images and parts of it having different holidays if it could be like it used to be were you would enter a holiday page and see the images in a grid like format and it was just that holiday only. and it wouldn't go to the next holiday if I scrolled down.  I don't know if this makes any sense but I hope it helps.

Edited by Gemmy doge
On 3/4/2021 at 11:05 AM, Gemmy doge said:

My main issue was trying to navigate the site. I like before how you could see all the company's at the top and once selected it would open up and show the different holidays they produced and then from there you could see what different items they produced for the selected holiday. I like the new format and look but I don't like scrolling down to see all of the images one by one and once I got to the end the images move onto the next holiday. I didn't know if instead of having one big page of images and parts of it having different holidays if it could be like it used to be were you would enter a holiday page and see the images in a grid like format and it was just that holiday only. and it wouldn't go to the next holiday if I scrolled down.  I don't know if this makes any sense but I hope it helps.

I’ll pass this on to the designer. 

Just as a heads up, the software on the old blow-molded website was outdated and impossible to update or add anything to it.  The whole website had to be downloaded and transferred to the new site.  I did not participate in that part, my part on the site is to contribute information, corrections to errors that have been on the site for years and a few hundred more pictures.  The new site is also adding pictures of the backs of the blow molds, catalogs, newspaper ads, more instruction sheets, etc. that could not be updated to the old website.  At this time there are well over 2000 pictures on the new site.  It is still a work in progress.  Here's an unknown until recently Bayshore Industries "Hallo-Witch Broom Stick" that is being readied now for addition to the site there will be pictures of the front, back and both sides along with the little information that we have on it..

Mel

Bayshore Hallo-Witch Broom Stick (Front) (800).jpg

• Like 1

Thanks you Mel and to all the other helping in this endeavor!!! I really like that there are pictures of back as well and all catalogs!
Mel do you know if most of blowmolded.com site has all pictures up? If not there are some pictures I can take of items I don’t see. Like some new CADO items, GFP deluxe camel and some sample items from plant,  Walmart red lantern and other items.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Scott Rob said:

Thanks you Mel and to all the other helping in this endeavor!!! I really like that there are pictures of back as well and all catalogs!
Mel do you know if most of blowmolded.com site has all pictures up? If not there are some pictures I can take of items I don’t see. Like some new CADO items, GFP deluxe camel and some sample items from plant,  Walmart red lantern and other items.

Scott, I do not know what pictures Nick has to upload yet but I am sure there are more, he handles that part of the project.  I have asked him about the process for submitting pictures of items not there and I told him about your post here so I do think he will be answering soon as he is a PC member also.  I would love to see the new blow-molded.com bring more interest and activity here to the blow mold forum as most older members here know that blow molds are my main interest in the Christmas and Halloween decorations.  In my opinion this PC blow mold forum has always far out shown any other internet resource for information on blow molds in the respect that it retains a vast amount of old posts and information where on Facebook the posts basically disappear within a few days.

Mel

• Like 1

Scott, you can send your picture and information contributions to Nick through the website.  at the bottom of each page on the site in the text section you will see "Learn more about contributing" link and that will take you to a page with the information.

On 3/4/2021 at 10:05 AM, Gemmy doge said:

Hello fellow Nebraskan. I'm digesting some of your points, but I wanted to get some clarification first. You mentioned "scrolling down [...] one by one" and wanting to see things in a grid format. The website should still be showing up as a grid just like it did previously. I've attached screenshots (new and old site) - are you seeing something different? Are you using a phone or computer?

old.jpg

new.jpg

• Like 2
On 3/6/2021 at 4:03 PM, Mel Fischer said:

Scott, you can send your picture and information contributions to Nick through the website.  at the bottom of each page on the site in the text section you will see "Learn more about contributing" link and that will take you to a page with the information.

Thanks Mel 

Do you know if the site would like pictures of labels/ boxes that blow mold came in and toys made by GFP/ empire? 
Thanks Scott

11 hours ago, Scott Rob said:

Thanks Mel 

Do you know if the site would like pictures of labels/ boxes that blow mold came in and toys made by GFP/ empire? 
Thanks Scott

We're definitely happy to accept photos of boxes and labels (or anything really). Toys are a potential future addition, so you're welcome to send them in, but I'm not sure when we'll get a chance to sit down and catalog them. 

Sounds good I will try next week and take some pictures. I have just a few toys there still in box. I try and keep the boxes to my blow molds. Since a lot of mine are mail ordered or I went to plant and picked them up.