OutDoor LED Display

tech-home wrote:

Hi I'm in the planning stage for next year and wondering if anyone has any outdoor LED displays.

http://www.selectricsigns.com/pdf/eclipse_outdoor.pdf

This is what I found after a few minutes of searching. I think this would be awesome for giving people information.

We have an indoor one that I usually put in one of the windows. The original plan was to make a weatherproof box for it, but the window always works fine. Sadly, I haven't yet programmed it for this year...

-Tim

Likewise, I have had one in the window for years, originally just a little red one. Upgraded it this year to a big 128x16 tri-colour one, it gives out seasonal messages, festive images and a couple of brief factoids about the lights, plus of course the all-important web address where everyone can see more info. The window works well, it`s up high but usually gets people to stop and take a closer look especially as this year its red/orange/green colours contrast with the all blue/white of the actual lights. My display hasn`t got a lot of control to it but in past years I do remember people stopping to read the matrix. It`s early days this year but suspect the new coloured sign will attract even more attention.

The dedicated outdoor ones would probably cost a fortune so if you could find/build a suitable weatherproof housing for a "normal" one, it would probably work rather well if the windows are not really an option. They are certainly eye catching.

:happytree:

post-554-129570946617_thumb.jpg

tech-home wrote:

Hi I'm in the planning stage for next year and wondering if anyone has any outdoor LED displays.

http://www.selectricsigns.com/pdf/eclipse_outdoor.pdf

This is what I found after a few minutes of searching. I think this would be awesome for giving people information.

Any other thoughts/comments,

My megatree has 64 strings of 70 C6 (red) LEDs per string, or about 4500 lights.

They look SUPER, and use very litle electricity.

Plus the fact that the lights were banged aroung a little during the erection of the tree, and with our high winds this season, but are all fine!

Gerg