Looking for spinning star

I am watching the Holiday Lights 2005 DVD and watching Chris Berglunds display. I noticed he had a rope light star that turns. It physically turns like a disco ball would. Anybody know where to buy one or is this a home made item?

Thanks.

RichardH wrote:

I am watching the Holiday Lights 2005 DVD and watching Chris Berglunds display. I noticed he had a rope light star that turns. It physically turns like a disco ball would. Anybody know where to buy one or is this a home made item?

Thanks.

Action Lighting--first item at the link below.

http://www.actionlighting.com/items.asp?MainCategory=Christmas&Sub=Lighted%20Star%20Displays

TED

Just off the top of my head I can think of a much cheaper way to make one. You can take mirror balls off their stand and you can still turn them on so the conector spins. There is a little spot where a pin slides through, this year for halloween we put some fishing line in between there and hung our spider web victim from it as if he was in a cocoon. It worked great and I think it would work fine for the star.

Dudes, first of all that Action Lighting solution is expensive. Second of all did, did anyone pay attention to the amps? 1.8 amps? Come on, what planet are they from? You'll dim the neighborhood turning that star on!

Do what I just did.

I had a guy named Bill Foley make me a custom welded triple star built to my dimensions, he sells these great triple stars, that are nested inside one another, and are stationary, but you can rotate them into position so you set one at 0 degrees, one at 120 degrees, and one at 240 degrees.Now you can fire one after the other, and it looks like it is rotating.

I got the 18" star for $45 plus shipping without lights. Just tell him what size you want and whether you want it already lit or not.

So if you're using Light-O-Rama Light ccontrollers like me, you assign 3 channels to the star, then YOU control the look of your star rotating. Below you can see the photo of my star that just arrived yesterday and I'm wrapping the LED rope light on it now.

He can ship them too you with rope light already on it or without. I chose mine without because I'm putting LED rope light on mine.

This star has a long metal stem on it that allows you to slide it onto the top of the Christmaslightshow.com 10' PVC Mega tree. That tree has a round wooden bonnet on the top where all your light strings hook up. You drill a hole in the center, and this triple star will slide down into this hole via the mounting stem, and rest on top of the wooden bonnet. It's the best solution I've seen so far to get a rotating star effect on your mega tree.

Go to his family web site at:

http://allcougs.com/and you'll see his email link there on the front page.

Let me know if this helps you.

post-2688-129570975803_thumb.jpg

jeffostroff wrote:

Dudes, first of all that Action Lighting solution is expensive. Second of all did, did anyone pay attention to the amps? 1.8 amps? Come on, what planet are they from? You'll dim the neighborhood turning that star on!

I had a guy named Bill Foley make me a custom welded triple star built to my dimensions, he sells these great triple stars, that are nested inside one another, and are stationary, but you can rotate them into position so you set one at 0 degrees, one at 120 degrees, and one at 240 degrees.Now you can fire one after the other, and it looks like it is rotating.

I think you will find that the amperage is typical for rope light of the necessary length. If less than 2 amps is going to impact the entire neighborhood then I suggest you prepare for an extended power outage due to the substandard power grid. If you want to have all of the stars lit and rotating then your solution will not do that. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with your solution but there's no reason to knock the Action Lighting star if that's what someone wants.

TED