does anyone else use there neighbors lawn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jeff_Womack

I have been using my neighbors yard for years. Last year we came to an agreement. I would decorate and I got to use the outlet on his front porch! I usually try to stay pretty lite in his yard but this year have done a lot more but with LEDs. He comes out pretty good in the deal.

Jeff

Lucky for me, my neighbor is just as crazy about decorating as I am!

She has a long flowerbed that sits just off our common property line and runs along her driveway. I contribute somelights & other items and 2 LOR channels and she has fun figuring out what will make our yards look "blended" together.

WIN-WIN!

The neighbor I know best lives across the street so I do not use his yard. However, he doubled his display this year - probably mainly in response to my animated mega tree. I need to write him a letter and thank him (as well as offer my assistance in snow removal again this season). I'm glad he is into the holiday spirit (he has younger kids too). I also have a few other neighbors who decorated that I feel obligated to thank for contributing.

Both of my neighbors to the immediate left and right of my house allow me to take over their front and the side yards that we share. I think this is my fourth year of taking them over. The neighbor on the left just keeps saying to come over further. The neighbor on the right always puts a small nativity on their front porch so out of respect I try not to block that. They have never requested this but I just feel that this is the right thing to do. I may take over the other side of their driveways next year.

Space is always at a premium when you live in a cul-de-sac.

Last night one of my neighbors told me that we are going to Burn in Hell for celebrating Christmas in such a blasphemous way. "What do candy canes have to do with the Bible? What does Snoopy have to do with the Bible? What about a John Deere TRACTOR". The other neighbor next door told me that we have completely ruined Christmas for them-- they no longer celebrate at all, even put up a tree. We were called hypocrites, and told we were ruining their lives.

It has nothing to do with traffic, or noise, or blinking lights. They're just freaks.

I'm not kidding.

You people with accommodating neighbors, even you folks with grumbly ones that generally put up with it -- please walk over tonight and give them a big hug and thank your God in Heaven that you don't live next to mine.

-Tim

tfischer wrote:

Last night one of my neighbors told me that we are going to Burn in Hell for celebrating Christmas in such a blasphemous way.  "What do candy canes have to do with the Bible?  What does Snoopy have to do with the Bible?  What about a John Deere TRACTOR".  The other neighbor next door told me that we have completely ruined Christmas for them-- they no longer celebrate at all, even put up a tree.  We were called hypocrites, and told we were ruining their lives.

It has nothing to do with traffic, or noise, or blinking lights.  They're just freaks.

I'm not kidding. 

You people with accommodating neighbors, even you folks with grumbly ones that generally put up with it -- please walk over tonight and give them a big hug and thank your God in Heaven that you don't live next to mine.

-Tim

Tim,

There's a house for sale on my street, yoou'd be welcome here my friend.

-Rob

tfischer wrote:

-Tim

Tim,

I think about your neighbor troubles (and John Garrants too) every time I look outside and see my entire street decorated. I wish your neighbors could see how wonderful it is when everyone comes together and decorates. Just how beautiful it makes the world! Don't let them get you down! What you do for your kids and family is a beautiful thing.

My neighbors are away on a cruise this week, so I went across the street and put 450 minis on their dogwood tree. I'm dedicating it to your family. As soon asBill and Annetteget back and see it, I'm going to do what you said. I'm going to hug 'em and Thank them.

Then I'm going to tell them that they have to take the lights down at the end of the season... it was a real pain putting those lights up there!!!

jeff

jeffmill wrote:

My neighbors are away on a cruise this week, so I went across the street and put 450 minis on their dogwood tree. I'm dedicating it to your family. As soon asBill and Annetteget back and see it, I'm going to do what you said. I'm going to hug 'em and Thank them.

Then I'm going to tell them that they have to take the lights down at the end of the season... it was a real pain putting those lights up there!!!

I appreciate the thoughts and the dedication. And that final statement made me laugh!

-Tim

I guess you could say my neighbors let me use their lawn. Their houses too, for that matter. Or maybe it's more of a cooperative effort. I stubbed out extension cords with general instructions - use this one for your roof lights, this for the bushes, this for the yard, etc - and we hooked it all together. I think it turned out ok. :) I suppose the true test will come next summer when I tell them it's time to start planning on '07.

-Steve

When we lived in CT we used our neighbors yard, but havent done that here in WA. We've lived next to Grinches the last few yrs:)

Tim--wow, I cant believe those neighbors actually made those comments. Since when is it a sin to try and bring light and happiness into peoples lives.