Lowes/Home Depot Stopping the receipt of Christmas

According to my sources, both Lowes and Home Depot have stopped receiving Christmas related items. This means, whatever they have in stock is it! Fin! Kaput!

I was lucky enough to find at my Home Depot the last case of Gold on green 100's, Blue on green 100's, and Purple on green 100's. (Getting ready for next year's color changing, Vertical Mega Tree.

Also, Blue and White LED's are on sale as well as c9 & c7 bulbs... 4pk of c7's are .48/pk.

From what I understand, HD and Lowes have estimated their par levels down to the last minute. So yes, from these two stores, after Christmas sales will be very hard...

OTHO, I just got back from Wall to Wall Mart, and they still have inventory in cases. BUT, I'm not too impressed with their lighting selection this year. IMHO..

i was really disappointed in lowes. im glad i bought what i bought, in ocvtober. they had majors stocking problems with their gold lights. their computers show one thing and their stores have a totally different amount. the lowes manager called his distribution center and they had zero golds and were'nt expecting any. that was in OCTOBER ! i was running around to all the lowes' within 60 miles of here (34 of them and pick up but 10 cases of gold. the rest of their quantities werent very big either. everybody seems to have downsized their christmas stuff except for hd. they increased selection. it looks to me like the days of the 75% and 90% lights are going to go by the wayside.........

my heart is broken - No day after christmas deals? i behaved myself this year and only bought extension cords and bought one decoration ($99). I made out last year big time. I planned on spending all my $$$ after christmas. I found after halloween stores had nothing this year unlike last year where I made out like a bandit.

Well, at least most of the people who were going to buy lights have already done so. There's still three weeks to the 12/26 sales, but I don't see them selling too much more unless they knock it down to 33% off a week before Christmas or something.

blues911 wrote:

A good place to check is any Ace Hardware store, there are two close to me that have a good selection of lights and vaious displays.

I checked one Ace HW here and they did not have any Christmas stuff at all. :(

TED

thyno z wrote:

it looks to me like the days of the 75% and 90% lights are going to go by the wayside.........

Don't be silly Thyno. These things go in cycles. If they are all selling out this year then they will likely overstock next year. Don't panic! :D I've never seen a year without 75% deals somewhere in town.

TED

TED wrote:

Don't be silly Thyno. These things go in cycles. If they are all selling out this year then they will likely overstock next year. Don't panic! :D I've never seen a year without 75% deals somewhere in town.

TED

i forgot to metioned that before that I also have noticed the cycle thing (halloween and christmas). Part of it I think is because of greed places like walmart don't like marking down christmas stuff (we all know how walmart is hurting for money) and then the following year when they know they could of sold more the year they have a larger stock. I guess if my theory holds out save your money this year and spend double after next christmas.

EAB wrote:

Also, Blue and White LED's are on sale as well as c9 & c7 bulbs... 4pk of c7's are .48/pk.

I recommend that you skip the "retail store" C7 and C9s. Even at 50% off they cost more than the Action Lighting replacement bulbs. The quality of the retail store bulbs is very poor.

TED

I think its all related to the weather. Look at the midwest this year.. we had 10 days (spanning thanksgiving weekend) of 60 degree plus temperatures and all 4 days of TG wekeend were sunny.. that will clean out about any store as everyone will decide to slap a few strings of lights up if they can have the barbie goin and shorts on. but look at the years of the great after christmas bargains, ill bet late november and the first weekend or two of december were yucky, cold, rainy, icey, or snowy.. and of course after the first weekend in december most people will say its too late to put up outside decorations...

what i however CANT figure out is why all the stores can sell mini lights for $2 or less per string but yet all you can find online at various websites is the commercial stuff that costs $10 a string.. seems HD and lowes could sell twice the lights if theyd offer them on their websites with a minimum order of a box (12 sets) per item... unless holiday stuff is used as lost leaders...

-Christopher

I tend to agree... My HD has three of those Snowblowing Snowmen, and about a case a half of clear on green 100's. That's it!

Now, they did make some really nice signs out of PVC, rigid insulation and spray paint. I'm gonna ask Scott if I can have them... :)

Lowes isn't much better. They had a couple pre-lit fiber trees and a couple extension cords. Otherwise, Sebring's home improvement warehouses are empty...