VOTE FOR Montana's First Computerized Light Show

Hey,

I am asking for help from PC members in voting for my house. All you have to do is click on the provided link and vote.

Its the first of its kind in Montana. Its Montana's First Computerized Light Show, featuring 50,000 Lights. Its fully computerized. I am asking for help, because any award money will go to continueing my college education at Montana State University in electrical/computer engineering.

To vote:

http://billingsgazette.net/h/lights/detail.php?id=35

You can also see our site at, http://www.montanachristmas.org.

Or our live news broadcast at:

http://www.montanachristmas.org/indeximages/cool1202.wmv

I would like feedback and hear what you think, since this is my first ever Christmas Light display. I never had the oppertunity to put lights up until this year. I learned a lot from the group and all the support from this forum. Thanks to everyone here.

Season's Greeting's

Craig

rikonen wrote:

Looks great, as a parent and someone with a lot of money invested in computerized christmas displays I would think that a lot of tuition money has all ready been spent on your lights. Good Luck, no vote.

Wow that was HARSH!! Unfortunately, non of my tuition money was spent on the display. Nor were my parents involved, because they live in Pennsylvania and I haven't seen them in 4 years.

The lights were either picked up at Garage Sales, Thrift Shops, or given to me by friends and neighbors. I spent a maxium of $5,000 on out of pocket money for power cords and LOR controllers. I raised that money through selling stuff on eBay.

Also, I learned more from this project than I did my first semester studying engineering. This project has set a bright future in understanding a lot of various engineering concepts. It also has me working on building better controllers and new software.

I think there was more good out of this project than harm.

rikonen wrote:

Looks great, as a parent and someone with a lot of money invested in computerized christmas displays I would think that a lot of tuition money has all ready been spent on your lights. Good Luck, no vote.

:laughing: - Classic

Looks good Craig and BTW I put in a vote for you.

PC Members:

You guys are awesome for helping out a rookie. I am very thankful for a bunch of people on here who are willing to share the knowledge and help invent new ways of celebrating the season.

I have to say, I learned a lot here and help to continue learning and sharing knowledge.

Season's Greeting's

Craig

Dear Planet Christmas Members,

I would like to thank each of you for voting for my display and/or checking it out on the web. As of 5pm, MST on December 20, 2006, I won first place in the Billing's Gazette Readers' Choice. I would like to thank those of you, who voted and contributed to my success this year with Montana's first computerized Christmas light display.

I also have disappointing news to post as well. I will never do another residential display with 50,000 lights or on the magnitude of my 2006 display. The public relations on the project was extremely over wehlming Also, the thanking of supportive members, will be my last posts on PC. I would be willing to answer emails and share information via email or the private messaging through PC. This decission was made because of a few negative member's posts on another topic.

Again, I would like to thank you for your support and also want each and every one of you to keep up the Christmas decorating and take it to new heights with the ease of computerization. Keep up the good work and keep showing off the holiday traditions. Remember, while doing it, remember its not for bragging rights, its not about becoming jealous and shouting out your car windows at someone because you think their display is better, and its about going out and cutting people's Christmas lights. Its about bringing cheer to people and sharing the holidays with some home made magic.

Season's Greetings to all,

Craig Hicks

http://www.MontanaChristmas.org

MontanaChristmas wrote:

Its the first of its kind in Montana. Its Montana's First Computerized Light Show, featuring 50,000 Lights. Craig

Congrats on your win Craig.

One thing I always wonder when I hear statements like the above, is "How did you know it was the first of it's kind?" Is this just one of those who ever claims it first things?

I'm not picking on you. I see a lot of those "first in xxx". How do they know???

J.