A neighbor & his dog...does he REALLY think he's funny???

As of today, I have seen it all. I had heard rumors about a man & a dog, but shrugged it off as a rumor. Well, NO RUMOR!! I was working on my display today when I saw this man walking a dog on a leash. He had another dog running loose and the man was carrying a frisbie. Having heard the rumor, I watched the man walk up the street toward my display. As he walked, he randomly threw the frisbie and the dog would get it and return the frisbie to his owner. It wasn't until he walked closer that I began to realize what he was doing. He was throwing the frisbie into yards with Christmas displays and watching the dog plow right through the display!! I stand there like an idiot in disbelief as he comes closer and closer. He actually crosses the street to hit the homes on BOTH sides of the street. There is no major damage at this point so I'm not sure what to do. I decide to walk out closer to the street so he knows I'm watching (thinking this will work). He crossesthe street and walks within FEET of me and throws the frisbie into my side yard. The frisbie lands feet from my snowman cutout and a group of mini trees. Giving the guy one more chance, I shake my head and say nothing. Hekeeps walking and starts throwing the frisbie into the main portion of my lights...coming within inches of and/or hittingeverything in the frisbie's path. I watch helplessly as the dog plows through mydisplay running into perimeter C9s, cutouts, mini trees and then ripping out a strand of minis off the 8 ft tree as hegoes back and forth. The man throws the frisbie into my yard...not once...not twice...not three times...but FOUR TIMES!!!!!! :(:(:shock::shock::(:(:shock::X:XI'm so shockedand ANGRY that all I could yell at the top of my lungs is..."ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????" The man turns around and smiles then turns back and chucklesas he walks on the the next yard on his "hit list". I now know that this guy lives one block over and we are on his regular Christmas time route of distruction.I'm going to watch tomorrow again. Next time, I'm taking pictures and then I'm calling the cops.

So here's my question since he never answeredme "Was he kidding me?"...OR was he just plain CRAZY!!! It was the middle of the day and he threw it in FRONT OF ME!!!! I need a plan so I don't lose my temper and throw the frisbie at the guy's head! Any suggestions?? Have any of you witnessed acts like this?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a dog and a frisbie and go to his yard tommorow ;)

That is a weird person it sounds like, maybe you could just act like it doesn't bother you. Because it sounds like all he wants to do is anger you, so just try to remain calm and try to talk to him or something.

Perhaps the city of San Antonio can help. According totheir site:

[align=left]Why do I need to restrain my pet on my property? [/align]

• City Code (Section 5-1) requires that all pets, including cats, be confined to their owner’s property.
  • Pets are not allowed to run free of restraint. The city requires that all pets be on a leash and properly restrained when off your personal property.
  • Proper confinement and restraint helps keep the pet, drivers, children and other pedestrians safe.
  • Proper confinement and restraint helps prevent overpopulation by insuring your pet is not breeding with another.

I'd say a quick call to the police the next time you see him would help set things straight. In addition, his actions may constitute both trespassing and vandalism. I'm sure the police will know for sure.

I recommendthat you and your neighbors reportthe vandalism right now. When this guy is questioned over his "innocent" frisbee throwing at some point in the future, the officers will be told of the prior complaints over the radioand may put an end to the problem.

Tom

I hate people like that! They are the reason 90% of my yard is fenced in.

The proper first step is to ask him to stop. I personally would skip this step as his actions demonstrated an obvious malicious intent. I would fix what he broke, and don't let anyone fool you, He broke it because he is responsible for what his dog does. Next get your video camera out and be ready for the next time. A still camera will work but is not a indisputable as video. When you film make sure to get three things, 1 him tossing the Frisbee into the yard, 2 the dog running loose and 3 the dog destroying your property. All three of these things should be illegal. Then call the police and tell them the whole story including that it has happened before. I would also film this guy doing it to the neighbors displays. I have the ability to print frames of video so I would print out the image of this guy, and his dog in their yard, and anonymously deliver it to the neighbors so that they would know who/what to look for.

That's my 2 cents worth, but my wife tells me I'm like the old man in the movie "Monster House" ;)so my advise may not be the best.

Edit: I was too slow, Tom beat me to it. I would definitely try to get video or pictures as the police may not be able to do anything if they don't witness the dog running loose. I was also thinking the same thing about the trespassing because he is purposely causing his dog to enter your property.

Why didn't you say anything, particularly when you saw it coming? No way I would have allowed that without a confrontation (unless I thought the guy was packing heat or something...)

Did he even know it was your yard?

-Tim

1) Call the police and report it ... NOW

2) Send him a bill for the damages.

3) Get what ever additional proof you can get (video ...)

4) ask your neighbors in a 1/2 to 1 mile area around his home if they have noticed anything like this.

5) If he doesn't pay take him to small claims court.

Bullies should NOT be tollerated!

They had a problem in my neighborhood, these people had like 8 dogs. Left to run the streets, it wasn't even safe to walk the sidewalks, the pack of dogs would chase you and try to bite. The owners were warned by the town and even a special notice went out to all towns people about a leash law, but that didn't help so one day the police just drove up to their house and wrote them a ticket and fine them for each dog. Needless to say, after hitting their pocket book the dogs never ran loose again.:laughing:

Joe4x4 wrote:

3) I`ll let you borrow my boys to take care of things for you. free of charge.

IMG_2492.jpg?t=1165471203

Joe4x4

Are those Mastiffs or Boxers?

I think Boxers because of the tail.

If Mastiffs, I would not let me near my display... GFCI's would trip because of the drool!... :lol:

tfischer wrote:

Why didn't you say anything, particularly when you saw it coming? No way I would have allowed that without a confrontation (unless I thought the guy was packing heat or something...)

Did he even know it was your yard?

-Tim

I was in shock! I just couldn't believe he did it right in front of me. My neighbors said they did the same thing :]. My neighbor Ben thought he MUST just be a bad frisbie thrower. Trust me, it was no mistake. Yes, he knew it was my yard...he just did not care.

Nice dogs Joe! I don't know if they would work though. Everyone in my neighborhood knows I have a 150+ lb English Mastiff. Even the thought of a mastiffbiting himdidn't scare this guy. I wish Bruiser had been out front. Bruiser will definately be spending more timesitting in the displayuntil Christmas. I also walkhim up and down the street several times a day so everyone remembers he is there (we have some punks up the street). Maybe I should give thefrisbie guy a picture of Bruiser's teeth!

post-2971-129570983038_thumb.jpg

Never mind the cops. It'll be spring before they get there. Get a paint ball gun and have target practice next time they step foot on your lawn. Make it a neighborhood event. It'll only sting for a second but the dogs would look all colorfull and such when it's all over and will remember not to go into that yard again:].

Better yet, shoot the owner a couple times and make him look all colorfull too :laughing:.

Just my thoughts,

Tom

Ok, here ismy favoriteresponse that my stepdad gave via email today.

"A nice collection of waste left over from your dogs, and I mean a collection, collected and delivered as a gift to help improve his spirit."

Just imagine what I could collect from my Mastiff....

Seriously though, and opinions/ideas on drafting a letter to the neighborhood so we can all start watching this guy??

My suggestion would be first, let the cops know that your display and many other displays on the street were abused by this guy and his dog. Then, writea letter to each homeowner that was affected, letting them know exactly what you saw. Encourage them to report the mischief to the police also. If you happen to live in a small town (I see you say San Antonio though), maybe even getting the group together for a short meeting with the mayor can help him/her pressure the police to keep an eye out for this guy.

The only concern I would have about confrontation with this guy is that he does have his dog with him. Depending on the dog and the training, this guy may encourage the dog to go after you.

Warn Him! Get a video camera and wait for this jerk tell him while recording he is breaking the law and to stay off of your property. What ever you decide to do to his pet on your property after that is his problem. Personally the paintball gun (With frozen balls)or pellet rifle is my favorite.:devil:

Seriously call the Cops the Animal control and get his behavior on tape.

I think your kidding about the paintball gun but it is treated as a real gun and if you shoot anything with it will have your day in court.

Take video and report it. The guy is looking for trouble and dosn't respect your property. I had toput upNo Tresspassing signs on my property because someone thought I didn't mind them dumping their garbage on it.

Big Bubba wrote:

Warn Him! Get a video camera and wait for this jerk tell him while recording he is breaking the law and to stay off of your property. What ever you decide to do to his pet on your property after that is his problem. Personally the paintball gun (With frozen balls)or pellet rifle is my favorite.:devil:

Seriously call the Cops the Animal control and get his behavior on tape.

I was kidding but I guess I could have been clearer.

Also a paint ball gun is not considered a real gun by any law enforcement agency. One is a toy the other is a weapon. The use of a paintball gun it injure someone or destroy property may be considered a crime, but does not make it a firearm.

Video the jerk and report him.

I would have punched him in the face if he did something like that right in front of me. I have a very short temper and I am big:D. No questions as to why. If he did it once, he wouldn't do it again because he would have been on his back in the road, or his fingers would have been broken. I would keep the Frisbee, and put flaming bases of dog poo on his porch.