A neighbor & his dog...does he REALLY think he's funny???

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the number of people here that want to partake violence against an animal. The dog is following the owner's commands. It makes me sick to my stomach. I am all for taking care of the human and not the animal.

Keep a water hose with a good jet nozzel handy. If it happens again hose down both the jerk and the dog. It would be very tempting to do as the Bible says- turn the other cheek. In this case I would interpret that to mean - after I worked over one of his cheeks I would turn to the other cheek.

I don't blame the dog, he is only following the commands of his owner. I'm more mad at the owner, but enough is enough. One way or another, the dog has to stay out of the yard and the owner needs to lose the frisbee. I just need to resolve the issue before the guy and/or the dog does serious damage to the display (or the dog).

Guest Jeff_Womack

greenmeanie wrote:

I think your kidding about the paintball gun but it is treated as a real gun and if you shoot anything with it will have your day in court.

Lisa,

It's Texas! Remember what the cops down here tell you. If you feel threatened on your property, shoot em! Don't bother pulling the body into the house (like you have to do in some states), the cops tell you not to mess up your carpet. Seriously!

Ok the gist of my response is a joke but standing out with a baseball bat isn't!

Jeff

Guest Jeff_Womack

BetterDays wrote:

I can't believe the number of people here that want to partake violence against an animal. The dog is following the owner's commands. It makes me sick to my stomach. I am all for taking care of the human and not the animal.

I think most people are talkign about the jerk, not the dog. I know I was!

Jeff

next he throws the frisbee intercept it, if it lands on your property it is yours, if he sets one foot on your property to try and get it back call the cops and have him arrested for tresspassing. make sure to get everything on video.

another idea is to take fishing line and string it all over the yard connecting everything sturdy together, when the dog tries to go in your yard he will get tangled in it, it won't hurt him, and the guy will have to come on your property to get the dog, then call the cops for trespassing, even if the dog doesn't get stuck he might not be able to make it to get the frisbee, and probably won't want to go in your yard again

bob

Any moving parts in your display? About 3 months ago our neighbors cat would just hang out over at our house (Outside) He would sit in the flower beds chew on the mulch and he always tried to get inside the garage! On day we left the car was going down the driveway and the garage dor was going down, well it was about 3/4 down and we saw the cat running as fast as he could strait for the lowering door. In a blink of an eye the cats head was caught by the door! Now, the cat goes nowhere near our house! So like robert (Bob?) said try somthing that wont hurt the dag but it needs to be somthing that he wont ever waht to came back for! I have also thought about mixing the super hight freq. into all my songs to keep dogs away but no one needs to know I did it.

--Daniel L

Any update to this?

Personally, I would have grabbed the frisbee once it landed in your yard, walked it over to the trash, then really given the guy a piece of my mind. I have absolutely no tolerance for jerks like that, and I'm not afraid to let them know that,lol.

video cameras do wonders... I had an issue over the summer where someone was always letting their dog in my yard and not cleaning up after it, I installed a couple video cameras and a sign and never had the issue again.

the mistake this guy is making is he is throwing the frisbee into the yard and letting the dog go in and do damage... if the dog just wandered it.. gonna be a bit tough to prove anything other than a leash law violation but if you get a frisbee flying on tape and then the dog, thats a little more concrete.

I also understand that in columbus ohio anyway that a lawn needs to be Posted for much legal action to take place unless the person has been notified. if you go to the police station and take out a temporary restraining order on him then he wont be allowed anywhere near your property....

but i would vote for Videoing him. since this happens in the daytime and not at night, go to harbor freight tools, buy a $40 black N white nightvision camera, hook it up to an 8 hour VCR and let it rip, if you notice things disturbed when you get home from work, go through the tape at high speed and see what happened..

-Christopher

Sorry everyone, my computer has been down. Anyway, here's an update. I drove by the guys house a few times and waved so he knew that we know where he lives. The neighbors are all watching and they call me everytime they see someone walking a dog without a leash. We have had words with the owner of another dog, but the original guy has not come back!! We'll see how long it lasts but so far so good!! Thanks for all your help. I will continue to post if he comes back.

Michelle

• 3 weeks later...

Do NOT confront HimU could end up in front of a judge onAssault chargesVideo Video Video #1 it is illegal to have a dog unleashed on a public street have the local animal control officer and local police on speed dial in between the fines and impound fees of the dog which are pretty hefty they dont take kindly to using dogs in that way due to the injuries the dog could get and will get him in a whole lot of trouble and if the dog doesnt have up to date tag and shots add another fine and fee

#2 youhave toprove Malious intent on his part through the video from the neighbours video and yours which would instead of tresspassing charges which are minor U and your neighbors could get him on a class 1 misdemeanor which in between the lawyers court cost and damage payments and possible jail time should detour him from it again then again he could get community service and have to help ya all out repairing what was broke now that would be Ironic and Jugdes dont go for that kinda thing during the Holidays and tend to drop the hammer on this kind of thing

Dont play around with this guy I had a similar situation a few years ago me and my neighbors proved criminal intent through the Videos and it ended up costing him around 10K and dont hesitate to press charges People like that dont understand anything except if it come out of their pocket book or being hauled off to jail Dont play in to this guys game do not confront him be smarter and more controlled than him

OK, here's an update. The frisbee guy decided to make an appearance yesterday. I just happened to spot him standing on the sidewalk on the other side of my driveway. I walked out front and caught him grinning as his dog did his business on my brand new cutout. I caught the dog in action and went crazy. I let him know (from a safe distance) that he was trespassing and that his dog was damaging my property. I also informed him of the damage done thelast time his dog ran through my property. I told him that there was a leash law in our area and that if he chose to come back I would send the police over for a visit. Just for laughs, I let him know the address they would be visiting (his home) and the make and model of his vehicle. I told him I'd grab the plate numbers from inside if he didn't think I was serious. He quickly collected his dogs and moved on with a grin. Luckily for me, my next door neighborheard meand was watching from his garage. He then caught the frisbee guy's dog in his yard. Iguess my neighbor scared him a little more because he grabbed this piece ofreally thin rope (or string) and tied both of his dogs to the string. He looked really funny trying to walk his dogson this little string thing. I thought that would be the end of things. HOWEVER, he drove by several times in his truck. He cruises by really slow. I just walk out and wave.We are now all watching for him. If he comes back, we'll file a complaint as agroup.Just in case, I pulled up all of the yard display. Now we just have to watch and see what he does.He'd have to be a complete idiot to try to damage property now thathe knows that we all know where he lives. I think yesterday also showed him that we all stick together.Hopefully he'll learn his lesson before he ends up incourt.

What are the teenagers doing?I think teenagers can be your biggest threat when it comes to vandalism. There is a house on the end of my street with some pretty rough teenagers, but I think they actually scare the other pranksters away. They stay out pretty late so they would serve as witnesses if someone was to do major damage. They are afraid of my dog so they are very well mannered with us. :]

Uh....hello???

Everyone needs to file complaint EACH time this happens

The police get tired if this qwap real quick

They can & will fine him

My neighbors used to let their dogs run at my last house

I called the dog catcher every time, as did my neighbors

At the last bit one owner was fined $300

The police were out at one point & were going to shoot the dog (big)

Dog catcher took the dog

The other neighbor fenced in his yard

Dog dug under the fence, $100 fine, next time is $300 he 3was warned

They also knew I had a video camera in the front window as did others

Gee, I wonder who turned that video of pot plants growing in the guys house to the cops?? He was arrested on drug charges

Both neighbors sold their house & moved

I would have called the police down IMMEDIATLEY & show them the damage to all the houses displays. Vandalism IS a crime - no matter how old your are

Go online at ebay. you can purchase a chamo camera used for checking your deer feeders. They are about $130-150. You can place a large card in them for extra photos. Anyway they can be set for taking pictures or for taking video. You set the length of time you want it to take when the motion sensor goes off. Hide it in a tree facing your yard and anytime something comes into your yard it will take a pic or video. They work great and you can even get solar panels to keep the battery charged. Just take out the card, place in your computer and review the pics. Casing of the camera is waterproof. I recommend Moultrie 3.1 mp camera.