Where do I get single light cords?

I wouldn't pay $5 plus $2.50 shipping for a cord that can be found local for $1-3...

These have been sold in dollar tree...alot of people have reported that they were not stocked this year...ours had them but they have since sold out...

Maybe I need to buy a case and put them on EBAY...corner the market on replacement parts...lol...:laughing:

These can be found at most retail store...usually in the village stuff...from $1.97 and up...

I ususally just borrow from my halloween molds...I keep all of my clip cords stored together and don't leave them in molds...then I just use the same ones for each holiday...

I may be wrong...but doesn't the wreath have 4 lights?

Another good source for a few lights are the cheap lawn stakes...get them when the go to clearance...depending on the set you can get 4...5...6 or even 8 count lights on a strand with those...normally around $10 bucks a set...well worth it at the clearance prices just for the cords...

webejpn01 wrote:

I bought a bunch of older empire blowmolds today. I would like to replace the cords with new stuff. Where can I buy just a plain ol double prong plug with a single CJ socket?

Hang on a second. Why do you want to replace the cords? As long as there are no bare wires showing on the old cords there is NO reason at all to replace them! The newer ones are not as good. They are not made for outdoor use (even though most of us use them outside). They are not an exact fit for the old blowmolds. I consider the original light kit to be part of the blowmold at least on the older ones. You decrease the value by putting in a new light kit. At the very least you should keep the old light kits so that you have the originals.

TED

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just saw your post. You can find a six light cord -- go to your nearest Dept 56 dealer. . . they have the a variety of multi-light cords for their villages.

If you don't have a dealer nearby, let me know and I'll get what you need from my local place -- of course, it will have to be after Christmas.

I hope this helps.

Karen

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your post on replacement cord sets. Great prices! Which type best fits blow molds? Do you use "metal lined snap in socket" (Type A) or "low profile snap in socket" (Type B)? Also, these say for indoor use only, but they look very similar to the types that come withblow molds. Is there any difference?

Thanks!

Ray

http://www.nationalartcraft.com/subcategory.asp?gid=1&cid=1&scid=5

:happytree:

I moved the wires on several of my blow molds to the inside of the mold

On the candy canes it gives a much cleaner look, & will prevent any kid from grabbing the dangling electric wire

If the wires are really old, they can be brittle. I have enough Halloween molds that I have spares. And I received an extra 8 with my reindeer

spudz3 wrote:

Thanks for your post on replacement cord sets. Great prices! Which type best fits blow molds? Do you use "metal lined snap in socket" (Type A) or "low profile snap in socket" (Type B)? Also, these say for indoor use only, but they look very similar to the types that come withblow molds. Is there any difference?

Type A or B would fit. Thedifference is that they do not have a fuse and they are not rated for outdoor use. In my opinionneither of those isa big deal but you must decide what is safe for you. I think type A looks the best. The fully metal lined socket is higher quality like the sockets on the old blowmolds. Type B would work fine too. It is almost exactly like the cords on newer blowmolds that have the C7 cordset (except fuse and outdoor rating). As far as prices go they are a little high. ("Great" price in my definition is when you get the 1.87 walmart cords at 75% off.) You can get replacements at the dollar tree. With type A being higher quality I think it is the only one that is worth the additional money. Type B is exactly the same as what you would find locally. The one exception to that is that many of the locally available ones have a switch in the line.

TED

Hi Scott --

I checked out the LINK that you suggested. I have a couple of questions. The first socket listed (A) shows that it is rated for a maximum of 75Watts -- is this a misprint? I've not seen a 75W bulb fit a 1" hole? I'm not trying to be stupid -- I just want to be absolutely sure that I purchase the right thing.

I like these cords from your link because they don't have the inline switch. I know the cords that are puchased at Wal-Mart are rated for indoor use only but I've not had any trouble with using them outdoors OTHER than the inline switches will go bad a little qucker.

Last question -- Can you purchase JUST the metal clip? Either from this company or from any other?

Thank you!

Karen

OpieKAT wrote:

I checked out the LINK that you suggested. I have a couple of questions. The first socket listed (A) shows that it is rated for a maximum of 75Watts -- is this a misprint? I've not seen a 75W bulb fit a 1" hole? I'm not trying to be stupid -- I just want to be absolutely sure that I purchase the right thing.

I like these cords from your link because they don't have the inline switch. I know the cords that are puchased at Wal-Mart are rated for indoor use only but I've not had any trouble with using them outdoors OTHER than the inline switches will go bad a little qucker.

Last question -- Can you purchase JUST the metal clip? Either from this company or from any other?

I have not seen a candelabra base 75 watt bulb either but I have seen 25, 40, and 60 watt candelabra base bulbs that are made for chandeliers. These can be used when a 7 watt C7 bulb is notbright enough as long as theblowmoldis large enough that the longer bulb is not too close to the plastic. I think the 75 watts is just a rating and may not correspond to any particular bulb.

You have a good point about the switch. Some folkshave reported problems withwater freezing inside the switch. Sometimes there are cords at the DollarTree that do not have a switch in the line.

Ihave never seen the metal clips available seperately anywhere.

TED

• 2 months later...

webejpn01 wrote:

Guys,

I bought a bunch of older empire blowmolds today. I would like to replace the cords with new stuff. Where can I buy just a plain ol double prong plug with a single CJ socket?

Matt

Try ace hardware they have the cords with the metal clips and can order as many as you wont from the warehouse.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning on rewiring a lot of stuff that I have this year

Some cords are very short & require an extension cord to be setup

I have a lot of leftover single village light cords

I switched over my village to the 5 light cords

The cords w/switches I will cut off the switches & splice in extra wire as needed

I'm also planning on long runs down the walkway w/female plugs

That way I can plug whatever I want in

Still going to be a pain

What I really want is the socket & clip only

I guess I'll be picking some up after Christmas this year if I need more

Brad Caudill wrote:

Good luck. I can't find double light cords and you will not find a 6 light cord either. Your best bet is the 4 light one Walmart has.
Take a 3 light village cord set and cut off the last socket (and tape). The best time (of course) to buy cord sets is after Christmas at Walmart. And they had 5 light sets. Buy some C7 sockets from Action and add to your cords as needed for extra illumination. Or make your own cords. For cords with switches, just tape up with electrical or duct tape (in the on position) to keep water out.