Monkey See, Monkey Do...

We just moved into are neighbornood a couple of weeks ago and we got out are display. As far as everyone has told us that know one in are subdivision put up lights and now we put out are lights. and I come home and half the neighbor hood is adding lights to the houses. And are good friend who lives down in the neighborhood said no one ever put up lights. So I guess I am doing some good.

Merry CHRISTmas,

Kyle

Same thing here, I was pretty much the only one who put out christmas lights the last 2 years since I moved in. I was staic and put out just under 10000 lights, then I make the move to animation, 57000 lights and now the neighbor hood is lighting up almost all the way down the street, they just need a little push is all. almost like the lights are assimilating the nighborhood LOL

resistance is futile.

good work stormy

That is just too cool. I am noticing a similar thing thing around here except for my next door neighbors that I think use to try and compete. Well this year we shot from 11k to over 40k and went annimated. They only have a couple Christmas signs out this year. Who woulda thunk.

Stormy wrote:

We just moved into are neighbornood a couple of weeks ago and we got out are display. As far as everyone has told us that know one in are subdivision put up lights and now we put out are lights. and I come home and half the neighbor hood is adding lights to the houses. And are good friend who lives down in the neighborhood said no one ever put up lights. So I guess I am doing some good.

Merry CHRISTmas,

Kyle

Oh I wish our neighbour were like that. We have a very dark neighbourhood except for us a few other who have the basic 2 or 3 strings on their houses.

And...when monkey don't, we do. Our little culdesachas one house that never puts up lights... and it stands out like a sore thumb. My neighbor and I used all the extra lights we didn't use to solve the problem. We kind of arrived at an equitable agreement. He doesn't complain about using his power and we don't charge him to decorate his front yard and the 12' light tree we build around the street light. So far everybody seems to be ok with that.

We have 31 Houses in our Neighborhood and only two of them don't have lights. Of those two that don't, one of them they just moved in and the other one is moving out and he told me that he packed all his lights away. He said he kind of feels like a loser because everybody else has them up.

I think next year we will hit 100%.