Snow Man Inflatable Slashing Caught on Tape!!

Homeowner Sets Up Camera To Catch Holiday Inflatable Vandals

Colerain Township is like 20 minutes from where I live. You can tell if you have a bad neighborhood when Christmas displays are vandalized. For the 4 years I've been decorating I haven't had one thing vandalized. The worst I've had happen is a couple bulbs broken due to deer. I think it's terrible when people ruin displays trying to spread a little holiday cheer.

Jolly Snow Man wrote:

Homeowner Sets Up Camera To Catch Holiday Inflatable Vandals

Colerain Township is like 20 minutes from where I live. You can tell if you have a bad neighborhood when Christmas displays are vandalized. For the 4 years I've been decorating I haven't had one thing vandalized. The worst I've had happen is a couple bulbs broken due to deer. I think it's terrible when people ruin displays trying to spread a little holiday cheer.

I think it has little to do with the neighborhood. Punks live even in gated communities, and have cars and can drive anywhere...

We haven't been vandalized to any major degree either, but I still don't like the implication that vandalism == crappy neighborhood.

-Tim

tfischer wrote:

Jolly Snow Man wrote:

I think it has little to do with the neighborhood. Punks live even in gated communities, and have cars and can drive anywhere...

We haven't been vandalized to any major degree either, but I still don't like the implication that vandalism == crappy neighborhood.

-Tim

I have to agree with you. Dont assume because some stupid kid vandalized a display that its a bad neighborhood. Annoying kids are born to all sorts of people in all classes of neighborhoods.

Greg

rossg10 wrote:

Dont assume because some stupid kid vandalized a display that its a bad neighborhood. Annoying kids are born to all sorts of people in all classes of neighborhoods.

You are absolutely correct. When I was in High School, I knew of a few fellows that got into plenty of trouble with the law and their parents were prominent members of city/county government or business. Whether a kid is a vandal or not has a lot to do with his moral compass or lack thereof.

A buddy of mine ditched school one day (10th grade) and was speeding in a neighborhood. It would have been his last ticket before yanking his license, so he took off driving. The police car followed him and wrecked on a hairpin turn during the pursuit. My buddy sped home and snuck into class like nothing happened.We talked about it and I told him that he may have outrun the police, but he did not outrun the radio. It turned out that the car was registered to his dad and the police showed up at his dad's work with an arrest warrant. The next day, my buddy was telling me that his ticket was going to be over $500 (13 running stop signs, 3 speeding, 1 wreckless driving,...). The day after that, my buddy was in military school and I never saw him again. His dad was president of the city school system.