am I Obsessed or is it Normal PCer behaviour?

I find myself STILL adding lights, moving things around a little, changing colors... STILL sequencing and adding songs to the display, modifying my existing sequences etc..

am I the only one doing this? Ive noticed even wit hthe warm weather here lately that once people put up their lights at most i see them change a bad bulb but never change or add anything. and im afraid to say that the closer it gets to christmas I see a lot of neighbors displays missing a string or two...

then there is me... I sequenced 2 more songs over the weekend, put up some more lights on the ground, repositioned my floods, changed some bad bulbs, fixed some crooked strands on the roof, and adjusted column timings that were a tad off...

so how many others are like me and work on their displays all season long.. and I mean work on them more than just changing a bad bulb.

-Christopher

Year one: Yeah, I did the same thing.

Year two: No new songs added in season. Only been out a few times to replace lights. Never did get lights on the two white trees up 100%. Part of the overall year two burn out.

(I have this theory, after going through it, and seeing another PC member go through it. For those that dedicated every waking moment in year one, I'd bet that 50% of you will go through some sort of burnout.)

Even though my display isn't computerized I still work on it. I'll get new things thatI like and add it to the display. Christmas night is your night to shine with your display so I keep adding things every week. If you add to your display all the time, it will be that much bigger and better the next year.

Don wrote:

Year one: Yeah, I did the same thing.

Year two: No new songs added in season. Only been out a few times to replace lights. Never did get lights on the two white trees up 100%. Part of the overall year two burn out.

(I have this theory, after going through it, and seeing another PC member go through it. For those that dedicated every waking moment in year one, I'd bet that 50% of you will go through some sort of burnout.)

I have the same slump. I spent so much time sequencing songs, that I nearly didn't get the display up. Other than replacing blown fuses and burnt bulbs, I am not doing anything else until take down.

even when i was static, i have always worked on my displays all the way until christmas.. and though after christmas I wont add stuff i still maintain the decorations.. replace bad bulbs etc up until I tear down after the 1st if the year.

-Christopher

I was burnt out for about the last 5 years... After finding this site Iv'e actually found a renewed love for the lights! Iv'e always had lights up every season, but the past few years, just enough to look decent, nothing over the top. I was also one of the ones that just set it and forget it, just too sick of them to even tinker. This year I find myself back out there every day doing something. Just added about 1,000 lights in the last few days! (premade stuff like deer and a tree). Bought the first NEW lights Iv'e had in years the past few days. Hope I have this ambition NEXT year, Have a LOT of new lights and plans fora much more involved display. Can't decide if I want to try to animate or not. May do the Mr. Christmas 6 channel and animate a portion of the lights, like the ones in the lawn and leave the rest static...

*edited font*

ive never burned out on christmas Lights, although the several years i lived in apartment I had to decorate other people's houses to get my "fix" each year.. this is my 3rd christmas in this house and im far from burned out.. im still on "ramp up" at about 30% so I got aways before I have to "fade" dont want to "pop fade" you know..

-Christopher

Chris,

I can agree with Don on the burn-out theory. And then I find one more idea or ounce of energy to tinker with it. I mean heck, the display is already up and going and then another idea comes to mind to test out. I just plugged in 9 green floods this past weekend.

My situation is a little different. I depend on a light show now to attractbusiness (thank you LOR). Having a businessin an entertainment district and operating in the evenings for several seasons year round, I demand to have the Las vegas type light show. So as Christmas is full steam ahead, I'm now planning for the spring season with new sequences from different artists. Then comes summer and 4th of July. Then comes the fall with Halloween:P. Before you know it, Christmas is here again :].

Mychance to burn out is very high while doing several seasons. But I come to thischatroom (Planet Christmas)daily and get inspiration from many PC members here and that's when my mind gets to spinning again. I've been on this chatroom constant since I joined (actually lurked a month or so before then).

Anyway, if I burn out, I hope it's short-lived.

Just my thoughts,

Tom