I think for application you will need a different kind of strobes other than the CLS strobes. American DJ makes a nice one and is really more durable than most of the ones we used in Christmas displays. They last around 5000 hrs and they do cost more $$$$ but in the long run you will buy less of them. Plus you can adjust the flashes per second which is really cool.
They call it city flash which is an egg strobe. Here is a web page that still sells them http://www.silverflight.com/li/strobes/amdjmiscstrobes.htm
With some research you could find them a little bit cheaper than that site.
Hope this helps out!!!!
Here are some stats from American DJ web page:
• City Flash is a water resistant mini Strobe Light that will screw-in to any medium screw base light bulb socket (indoor/outdoor use)
• Great for bands, DJs, home parties or special effects & theatre productions
• Includes replaceable clear dome
• Optional dome colors sold separately: Yellow (City Dome/Y), Green (City Dome/G), Blue (City Dome/B), or Red (City Dome/R)
• 3 Flash Modes: Slow Flash (1 flash per 3 second), Fast Flash (3 flashes per second), Police Flash (11 flashes per second followed by 2 second intervals)
• Power: 120V, 7W
• Lamp Life: Approx 5,000 hours
• Dimensions: 3.5” x 2” / 88x50mm
• Weight: .5 lbs. / .20 kg.