OK I'm using LED'S , I have a AMP/WATT tester. The AMP'S being drawn are 00.3. Just using the male end ,Wouldn't you think the fuses would blow b/4 the wire got to hot to melt and electrocuted someone? I understand your concern gmac..But now I'm wondering why some say it's ok...and you say it's not... I don't see my factory x-mas light wires causing any problems, What would the difference be between extension cord and connecting them to the same thing right ? different wire sizes... Why couldn't a person just use a old strand for a cord??SORRY I'M JUST TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THIS ????????????? SORRY, I didn't mean to start a argument..