Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About jbrad627

  • Rank
  • Birthday 12/31/1967

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Location
    Sanger, Texas, USA
  • Occupation
  1. Looked for the 100ct minis with no luck. Was it just me? Did anyone else find them? Cool site by the way.
  2. Yesssss!!! Got it. Chuck, that's exactly what I wanted to do... without the soldering as I didn't have enough slack. Here's what I figured out. The spades have seats and lock into place inside the bulb receptacle. 1. On a scrap strand, with the bulb out, you push one of the wires from the back side through the front. The spade pushes out of it's holder. 2. Do the same with the other wire. 3. On the strand you are repairing, run one wire through the back of the loose receptacle to where the back end of the spade is past it's seat inside the receptacle. 4. Use a ice pick or probe t
  3. Maybe I am calling it the wrong thing. I am referring to the part you plug the bulb into. I attached a photo with arrows to show a couple of the missing ones. Each pair of metal spades are the contacts that were inside the receptacle where you put the bulb. I am hoping that there is a way to get some off of a scrap stand and put them on this one.
  4. Thanks for the replies... and Bill... I would call them pain the dobbers right about now. Wound up having 2 or 3 that I have to finish up tomorrow. Have to figure out something for the offseason so this doesn't happen again.
  5. I have a couple of the receptacles that got broken off on a strand on a leaping arch. Is there any way of fixing this? It is on the very last strand and the wiring runs under the previous strands to make it a tough fix. Thanks!
  6. A number of my controllers have had dirt dobber nests in them. This one really concerns me. It did not break off clean like others so far. Don't know if it would act as an insulator or a conductor. 1) Will this cause issues since it is over a section of the board? 2) If the answer is... yes, it may fry the board, then how can I get it all off without messing up any of the tracers? Thanks... John
  7. The winch on a 20' mega is bending. Also, when raising, it seems to tilt the hook head and bind to the point that you have to push the other side up with a 2X4 to release the bind. I thought I put it on correctly. Now I am wondering. Is it on right side up or upside down? Anyone have any suggestions?
  8. C&G Electric did my work last year. Did a great job and were significantly less than another estimate I had. I would highly recommend them. David Moore is the service manager. Tell him that the christmas light guy in Sanger told you about them. John Bradley
  9. Actually active channels: 2008 - 225 2009 - 460 I have 544 channels so "maybe" I won't have to buy any more for next year.
  10. I don't want to really get into any of the issues or debates, just post my results. And yes, I know all too well the problems with last years product. I got 192 strings of the C6 50 count in red, warm white, blue and green this year. One set arrived with half of the strand out and Paul replaced it asap. I have had no problems with them at all. The 2009 product seems pretty bullet proof to me.
  11. I would love as much detail as possible. This was to be one of my projects for this year. Got as far a measuring all of the roof, designing the flow of the build and purchased all of the materials (all the materials... haven't we all said that before). Time is my enemy again this year. No roof lights until next year I guess. Anyway, your finished product is almost exactly like my plans. Great info would be more pictures, things that worked and problems you ran into. One question that comes to mind: Your peak legs are about the length of my original plan. In taking ouside advic
  12. Like a number of you, I have been using the Ideal wire marker booklet of numbers to label all of the wires in my display. Just curious, has anyone found a cheaper place to get them other than Lowes or Home Depot? I wouldn't mind getting a case of them, especially if it would save some money. Like everything else, I seem to go through them like water. Thanks John
  13. Increased the service to 320. The house has the existing 200 amp main panel. This panel is also 200 amps and is a seperate main panel. Love this part now. They are totally independant of each other. No worries about the lights effecting the house or vice versa. Had to put in the service breaker. 20 circuits 20 quads with the in use full covers Thought I would just have the quads on the inside of the garage. They threw in the race box and did them on the outside for the same price. I asked about a whole house circuit protector... For an extra $50, they put one on the light panel a
  14. Last year, I ran out of time to actually come up with a real power solution. I ran everything out of windows from the house. This year, my wife said absolutely not. Well, not a problem this year... Thanks honey!
  • Create New...